Mumbai University Documents for ECA

girishjs111

Star Member
Jun 19, 2015
Mumbai
Visa Office......
Mumbai
Hi,

I have completed my engineering from Mumbai University in 2012.

While searching the forum I have observed that different people have submitted different kinds of documents for the attestation. Some have carried college issued transcripts to get them attested at the Churchgate office, while some have gone with copies of the 1st and 4th-year mark sheets and got them attested.

Can someone from Mumbai University who has recently got the attention done clear the air about the documents to be sent?

WES on their website mentions that:

For B. Engg completed from Mumbai University:
Mark sheets for year 2 and 3 of your study program (semesters 3-6) may be issued and attested by the college you attended. Mark sheets representing year 1 and 4 of your study must be issued and attested by the University of Mumbai.

Is this the only thing that we need to send along with Final Certificate? Or do we need to send transcripts as well along with the mark sheets?

Kindly Help!

xpressentry

VIP Member
Nov 27, 2016
London
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-03-2017
Doc's Request.
Schedule A - upfront
AOR Received.
29-03-2017
IELTS Request
Upfront
File Transfer...
Waiting
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
28-03-2017
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
Waiting
My wife studied there. Take copies of all marksheets and the originals to verify. They will arrest the documents. The location is the churchgate campus next to Sydenham college

ashishshirke21

Oct 3, 2016
Mumbai, India
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
09-04-2017
AOR Received.
09-04-2017
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront
Passport Req..
21-07-2017
VISA ISSUED...
25-07-2017
LANDED..........
28-Mar-2018
I got everything attested, to be on the safer side. Marksheet, passing certificate, convocation, transcript. You need photocopies of all these documents. Make 2 sets and submit. They will only attest photocopies. They will stamp the envelope and give. You need to verify if all documents are attested properly. You can then seal this and send to WES.

girishjs111

Star Member
Jun 19, 2015
Mumbai
Visa Office......
Mumbai
ashishshirke21 said:
I got everything attested, to be on the safer side. Marksheet, passing certificate, convocation, transcript. You need photocopies of all these documents. Make 2 sets and submit. They will only attest photocopies. They will stamp the envelope and give. You need to verify if all documents are attested properly. You can then seal this and send to WES.
(i) The transcript that you have mentioned was issued by your college, right? I am stressing on the transcript bit because I called my college and they say they will take about 15-20 days to make it. So if it isn't mandatorily required, I would skip it considering it will save me 15-20 days.

(ii) Won't the documents be sealed in the envelope that I submit along with the documents? How do I check then if the documents that have been submitted are attested properly?

xpressentry

VIP Member
Nov 27, 2016
London
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-03-2017
Doc's Request.
Schedule A - upfront
AOR Received.
29-03-2017
IELTS Request
Upfront
File Transfer...
Waiting
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
28-03-2017
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
Waiting
girishjs111 said:
(i) The transcript that you have mentioned was issued by your college, right? I am stressing on the transcript bit because I called my college and they say they will take about 15-20 days to make it. So if it isn't mandatorily required, I would skip it considering it will save me 15-20 days.

(ii) Won't the documents be sealed in the envelope that I submit along with the documents? How do I check then if the documents that have been submitted are attested properly?
Wes didn't accept my wife's college issued transcripts. The university guys will stamp and sign across the back flap of the envelope and give it to you to stick and post

ShahidF

Aug 29, 2016
Toronto
Category........
FSW
For Mumbai University below is the process:

- First of all you need to go to Kalina and not Churchgate.
- Inside Kalina campus you need to go at Mahatma Phule Bhavan.
- Timing is from morning 10:30 am to 1:00 am.
- They will check Original and take xerox copies of First year and Last year marksheets. Additionally they will take degree certificate and passing certificate xerox copy.
- Around 750 rupees for each document and they will ask you to come after 15 days.
- They will hand you a sealed envelope of Mumbai University.
- Just put that Sealed envelope into one big envelope and put WES reference number in bold and send it to WES from local post office near Mumbai University.

Hope it helps. :) I did my WES evaluation 3 months back.

For second year and third year mark sheets >> get it attested by college and send it to WES along with explanation. You can put printed explanation letter along with second and third year attested copies. (In that letter explain them that as marskheet of 2nd and 3rd year are issued by college so you are sending same with college attestation). If possible then put 2nd and 3rd year marksheet in envelope and get it sealed by college.

xpressentry

VIP Member
Nov 27, 2016
London
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-03-2017
Doc's Request.
Schedule A - upfront
AOR Received.
29-03-2017
IELTS Request
Upfront
File Transfer...
Waiting
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
28-03-2017
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
Waiting
ShahidF said:
For Mumbai University below is the process:

- First of all you need to go to Kalina and not Churchgate.
- Inside Kalina campus you need to go at Mahatma Phule Bhavan.
- Timing is from morning 10:30 am to 1:00 am.
- They will check Original and take xerox copies of First year and Last year marksheets. Additionally they will take degree certificate and passing certificate xerox copy.
- Around 750 rupees for each document and they will ask you to come after 15 days.
- They will hand you a sealed envelope of Mumbai University.
- Just put that Sealed envelope into one big envelope and put WES reference number in bold and send it to WES from local post office near Mumbai University.

Hope it helps. :) I did my WES evaluation 3 months back.

For second year and third year mark sheets >> get it attested by college and send it to WES along with explanation. You can put printed explanation letter along with second and third year attested copies. (In that letter explain them that as marskheet of 2nd and 3rd year are issued by college so you are sending same with college attestation). If possible then put 2nd and 3rd year marksheet in envelope and get it sealed by college.
If your degree was in the last 10 years, it's churchgate. Any degree older than that, it's kalina.

ShahidF

Aug 29, 2016
Toronto
Category........
FSW
xpressentry said:
If your degree was in the last 10 years, it's churchgate. Any degree older than that, it's kalina.
I am 2013 pass-out and got my process done at Kalina :D

girishjs111

Star Member
Jun 19, 2015
Mumbai
Visa Office......
Mumbai
Okay. Thanks.

Do we need to submit colour Xerox to the University? Or black and white would suffice ?

Please reply asap. I'm at the Xerox shop :p

xpressentry

VIP Member
Nov 27, 2016
London
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-03-2017
Doc's Request.
Schedule A - upfront
AOR Received.
29-03-2017
IELTS Request
Upfront
File Transfer...
Waiting
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
28-03-2017
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
Waiting
ShahidF said:
I am 2013 pass-out and got my process done at Kalina :D
my wifes degrees were completed in 2007 and 2010 and her mother got it done for her it churchgate

xpressentry

VIP Member
Nov 27, 2016
London
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-03-2017
Doc's Request.
Schedule A - upfront
AOR Received.
29-03-2017
IELTS Request
Upfront
File Transfer...
Waiting
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
28-03-2017
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
Waiting
girishjs111 said:
Okay. Thanks.

Do we need to submit colour Xerox to the University? Or black and white would suffice ?

Please reply asap. I'm at the Xerox shop :p
black and white is fine

girishjs111

Star Member
Jun 19, 2015
Mumbai
Visa Office......
Mumbai
Thanks guys. This info is really helpful. I'll try at Churchgate first because it's closer to my place. If they won't do it, I'll go to Kalina

Thanks for the help!

girishjs111

Star Member
Jun 19, 2015
Mumbai
Visa Office......
Mumbai
Is it mandatory to have the WES reference number before I submit the documents for attestation? Is it okay if I submit it for stamping now with the address on the envelope, and once I get it, I write the reference number and post it ?

Marty_

Sep 10, 2016
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
NDVO
AOR Received.
23-02-2017
Passport Req..
05-06-2017
VISA ISSUED...
16-06-2017
LANDED..........
girishjs111 said:
Is it mandatory to have the WES reference number before I submit the documents for attestation? Is it okay if I submit it for stamping now with the address on the envelope, and once I get it, I write the reference number and post it ?
I wrote the reference number on every doc. Mumbai university gives you a sealed envelope which you can't open. I suggest, just mention the WES ref no. on all your docs to be attested