+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Multiple WP Applications

MumbaiIndian

Jun 4, 2013
Hi Guys,

I am in a dillema and really need some good advise. I applied for PR in Aug 2013 for which I havn't recd AOR yet. I am expecting AOR in a week though.
Also I applied for extention of my WP through my current company last week which I am expencting to receive somewhere in Dec. My current WP is about to expire in Dec 2013. Today I came to know my project can not be extended after Dec 2013 which means even if I get WP extented with my current company, I can not get a project here or work here with same company.
My question is can I apply for BOWP once I receive AOR for PR application or apply for new WP with different company even though my application of WP extention is in process? Can I submit new application still when my previous application in process? I don;t know weather CIC allows you to send multiple applications for WP with different clients.

Please advise.

regards

karanJ

Star Member
Jun 24, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-05-2013
Doc's Request.
NA
Nomination.....
NA
AOR Received.
04-07-2013
IELTS Request
sent with application
Med's Request
28-01-2014
Med's Done....
28-02-2014
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
24/04/2014
VISA ISSUED...
14/05/2014
LANDED..........
waiting
You can apply for BOWP and I think it should be ok .

cecmar0813

Sep 7, 2013
You can apply for BOWP once you get AOR, BUT remember just in case ur BOWP is approved first, then ur current company WP processed and let say approved this will override your BOWP and you will be under closed work permit once again. You must make sure looking at timeliness for the type(online/paper) of applying make sure your BOWP is processed after ur current company WP application.

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jul-2011 (received 25-Jul-2011)
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
Wait until the TWP is processed (or withdraw it) before applying for a BOWP. I would suggest waiting until you receive the AOR, then calling CIC about the work permit to see if you can withdraw it.

watchpu5hp

Star Member
May 10, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10th Dec 2012
Doc's Request.
NA
AOR Received.
28th Jan 2013
IELTS Request
sent with application
Med's Request
24th Sep 2013
Med's Done....
1st Oct 2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
21st Oct 2013
VISA ISSUED...
7th nov 2013
LANDED..........
10th Nov 2013
I will suggest you not to withdraw your work permit application because you need status anyways to stay in Canada and your current work permit is expiring on December. You may not get your PR by that date.

I am not sure about BOWP but yes you can apply for two work permits with two different employers.
I myself applied two closed work permit applications simultaneously ( gap of around 1 month) with two different employers.
Both my application were processed and work permit was issued for both of them.

I worked with one employer for few months and then switched over to another employer.

Hope it helps.
MumbaiIndian said:
Hi Guys,

I am in a dillema and really need some good advise. I applied for PR in Aug 2013 for which I havn't recd AOR yet. I am expecting AOR in a week though.
Also I applied for extention of my WP through my current company last week which I am expencting to receive somewhere in Dec. My current WP is about to expire in Dec 2013. Today I came to know my project can not be extended after Dec 2013 which means even if I get WP extented with my current company, I can not get a project here or work here with same company.
My question is can I apply for BOWP once I receive AOR for PR application or apply for new WP with different company even though my application of WP extention is in process? Can I submit new application still when my previous application in process? I don;t know weather CIC allows you to send multiple applications for WP with different clients.

Please advise.

regards