+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Multiple work experience in the same company

prerak

Star Member
Dec 1, 2016
1. I am working in Canada since Oct-2014, working with the same company.
2. In fact, I am with the same company since 2006 and I have made in total 7 trips to Canada.
So, in my work experience section, I have total 14 rows, 7 for Canada - one for each trip and 7 for India in between.
3. In Document upload section , they are asking me to show proofs for all 14 work-ex rows I have shown. All of them are technically with the same company. MY employer will not give be HR letter with 14 different rows.

Please advise on what to do in such case.

farazafzal

Aug 20, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
prerak said:
1. I am working in Canada since Oct-2014, working with the same company.
2. In fact, I am with the same company since 2006 and I have made in total 7 trips to Canada.
So, in my work experience section, I have total 14 rows, 7 for Canada - one for each trip and 7 for India in between.
3. In Document upload section , they are asking me to show proofs for all 14 work-ex rows I have shown. All of them are technically with the same company. MY employer will not give be HR letter with 14 different rows.

Please advise on what to do in such case.
If the work is with the same company, and your Job duties/responsibilities were same (falling under the same NOC), you don't have to get 14 letters, or a letter with 14 instances.
Trips will come under travel history, and your Letter of Explanation will carry all the details that you have mentioned here.

Good luck

prerak

Star Member
Dec 1, 2016
farazafzal said:
If the work is with the same company, and your Job duties/responsibilities were same (falling under the same NOC), you don't have to get 14 letters, or a letter with 14 instances.
Trips will come under travel history, and your Letter of Explanation will carry all the details that you have mentioned here.

Good luck
Thanks for the information.
My work location has changed from India to Canada and Canada to India for 7 times.
So document submission had following rows:
Employment Records1
Employment Records2
Employment Records14.

So, I will have to upload 14 documents. It is the same company after all, Is it OK to upload same experience letter in all the cases?
What is the best way to prove my assignment in each of the rows.

imrankhan2015

Star Member
Oct 13, 2015
In my case, there were two records and I had a single employment reference letter for my two designations in the same company.

I uploaded single letter (covering both designations) in Employment records and uploaded a small letter of explanation in employment records 2 section in which I wrote that I've already uploaded the reference letter in previous section which covers both designations.

farazafzal

Aug 20, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
prerak said:
Thanks for the information.
My work location has changed from India to Canada and Canada to India for 7 times.
So document submission had following rows:
Employment Records1
Employment Records2
Employment Records14.

So, I will have to upload 14 documents. It is the same company after all, Is it OK to upload same experience letter in all the cases?
As I understand your work location has changed ONLY but neither your NOC nor your company. If you were on placement of the same company at two different locations while you had same designation, responsibilities, NOC then you should list this as one employment record, and you will see one place holder for uploading.

Your change in location, will be indicated in your address history, travel history.

As @imrankhan pointed out, If you were promoted during that time and your NOC has changed, then you will have two employment records (with the same company) and you will get two place holders.

So you will have to go back to your application, and make changes accordingly, so as to get new placeholder. I hope it helps.

Good luck

prerak

Star Member
Dec 1, 2016
farazafzal said:
As I understand your work location has changed ONLY but neither your NOC nor your company. If you were on placement of the same company at two different locations while you had same designation, responsibilities, NOC then you should list this as one employment record, and you will see one place holder for uploading.

Your change in location, will be indicated in your address history, travel history.

As @imrankhan pointed out, If you were promoted during that time and your NOC has changed, then you will have two employment records (with the same company) and you will get two place holders.

So you will have to go back to your application, and make changes accordingly, so as to get new placeholder. I hope it helps.

Good luck
Thanks for the information. It is helpful.

But my concerns is:
In work location section - you have to select Country in drop down.
So, the number of place holders for document upload will not reduce. So, My NOC code is same but I will have multiple place holders due to different country and there is no way I can merge them into two.

So, back to my question:
Document submission had following rows:
Employment Records1
Employment Records2
Employment Records14.

Please share your thoughts.

farazafzal

Aug 20, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
prerak said:
Thanks for the information. It is helpful.

But my concerns is:
In work location section - you have to select Country in drop down.
So, the number of place holders for document upload will not reduce. So, My NOC code is same but I will have multiple place holders due to different country and there is no way I can merge them into two.

So, back to my question:
Document submission had following rows:
Employment Records1
Employment Records2
Employment Records14.

Please share your thoughts.
There is no problem with uploading same experience letter in several place holders as long as your NOC, job responsibilities, organization and designation does not changes..
Change in any on the above calls for a new experience letter. You are fine with uploading one letter for 14 places..

Good luck

imrankhan2015

Star Member
Oct 13, 2015
I think in case of promotion, even if NOC has not changed (as in my case) you will still have two employment records because you have two different designations, with the same NOC, but with different designation and different "To" and "From" dates.

This was the case with me and I got a single employment reference letter from my boss (on plain paper, cuz he refused to give me on letterhead).

I attached a letter of explanation along with 1 year pay slips, bank statements, offer letter, probation termination letter etc. I did the same with OINP provincial nomination and they didn't have any issue with it.

farazafzal

Aug 20, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
imrankhan2015 said:
I think in case of promotion, even if NOC has not changed (as in my case) you will still have two employment records because you have two different designations, with the same NOC, but with different designation and different "To" and "From" dates.

This was the case with me and I got a single employment reference letter from my boss (on plain paper, cuz he refused to give me on letterhead).

I attached a letter of explanation along with 1 year pay slips, bank statements, offer letter, probation termination letter etc. I did the same with OINP provincial nomination and they didn't have any issue with it.
That's right and that's why I mentioned change in designation will result in a new letter.

Cheers