+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Multiple visit visa for sister

engrAyan

Jul 9, 2013
Hello Everyone,
I am an international student and had applied for inland sponsorship application and I have a baby too she is just 7 month old, and she holds a canadian passport. I would like to ask you guys that I want to bring my sister here in canada calgary, my wife is doing job and i am studying and doing part time job too, we nee help to someone take care my baby my sister want to come here in canada, but i don't know which visa i need to bring her, I want to come her on multiple visa which would be valid for two year.

Is there any multiple visa which she can come over? As there is only single entry visa which i know is valid for only six month and after that there is no surety she can get extension while living here,

I would really appreciate for your help
Thank you so much in advance
Regards
help seeker

kriv

Aug 14, 2014
engrAyan said:
Hello Everyone,
I am an international student and had applied for inland sponsorship application and I have a baby too she is just 7 month old, and she holds a canadian passport. I would like to ask you guys that I want to bring my sister here in canada calgary, my wife is doing job and i am studying and doing part time job too, we nee help to someone take care my baby my sister want to come here in canada, but i don't know which visa i need to bring her, I want to come her on multiple visa which would be valid for two year.

Is there any multiple visa which she can come over? As there is only single entry visa which i know is valid for only six month and after that there is no surety she can get extension while living here,

I would really appreciate for your help
Thank you so much in advance
Regards
help seeker
1) the type of visa to grant (single or multiple entry) is purely the decision of the Visa officer. Usually nowadays Canadian TRV (visit visa) is granted valid until the applicants passport expires, whichever comes first. It means if your sister's passport is valid for the next 4 years then she may get a 4 year multiple entry visa. Most of the applicants gets multiple entry visas so it is not only single entry visa which is granted.

2) if your sister gets a multiple entry visa for 2 years it does not mean that she can live in canada for 2 years.
-Multiple entry visa simply means that she can travel/visit Canada multiple times as long her visa is valid and each visit or trip can only be of 6 months.
- Single entry visa means that she can travel/visit canada only once and her visit/trip can be of 6 months.

3) extension to stay in canada: In both cases (on single or multiple entry visa) if she wants to live more than 6 months in canada she had to apply for an extension to stay in canada. generally it is not difficult to get an extension if you have a valid reason. success/approval rate of extensions application are very high. in most cases they rarely refuse the extension application.

4) A visit visa (TRV) is granted largely based on the applicant's personal circumstances, financial stability, reason to visit etc etc. you can surely send an invitation letter to your sister but you cannot sponsor her a visit visa ( cuz no one can sponsor a visit visa). Her reason to come to canada can only be family visit and tourism. To come in canada to work (as a care giver, baby sitting etc no matter paid or volunteer) she will need a work permit and that's totally a different process and a different visa.

engrAyan

Jul 9, 2013
Thank you so much Kriv, you have given me very useful information, I didn't know about those things.

I have few more question again

Like If i send her letter of invitation, regarding financial we can show cic our financial statement but me and my wife are hand to mouth, whatever we are earning we are spending here, we have car, renal home, insurance etc, i don't think so cic is gonna approved my sister on our financial statement? so how do we deal with it? and on other hand my in-laws are living here in same city they are very financial strong, I can ask my father in law he can show his statement and can also write the letter of invitation!
Me and my wife both are in struggling period

If she is coming here I would like her to take admission in any course, is that a way while she living here in canada she can get study visa?

I heard canada government is not giving health or medicine facilities to visitor, so what is the other way she cover her medicines and how?

All i want her to stay with me!! My father is very financial strong but living in pakistan can he do something for her like he can show up his bank statement to cic and also write the letter he can bear the expenses of my sister.

Thank you so much for your time Kriv

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
engrAyan said:
I would like to ask you guys that I want to bring my sister here in canada calgary, my wife is doing job and i am studying and doing part time job too, we nee help to someone take care my baby my sister want to come here in canada, but i don't know which visa i need to bring her
Your sister cannot come as a visitor to take care of your baby. Taking care of a child is work and it is illegal for a visitor to work in Canada.

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
canuck_in_uk said:
Your sister cannot come as a visitor to take care of your baby. Taking care of a child is work and it is illegal for a visitor to work in Canada.
I disagree. My friend's mother's visitor was approved after mentioned that she would accompany her Canadian citizen grandson (who is still a minor) to Canada to be reunite with his parents in Canada. At the airport, she was given a 6 months stay in Canada.

I guess visitors taking care of child temporary is not illegal.

Bh. Prim

Feb 21, 2015
i agree with canuck_in_uk. i applied for TRV submitted all the required supporting documents plus other relevant documents to prove that i will not over stay. however in my invitation letter, my sister indicated that I will help her take care of my bro in law in recovering after a major surgery. My TRV got refused. Im thinking of re applying again after a month or so.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
steaky said:
I disagree. My friend's mother's visitor was approved after mentioned that she would accompany her Canadian citizen grandson (who is still a minor) to Canada to be reunite with his parents in Canada. At the airport, she was given a 6 months stay in Canada.

I guess visitors taking care of child temporary is not illegal.
The visitor would be taking a paid childcare job away from a Canadian citizen or PR. It is work and therefore illegal for a visitor. I doubt that your friend's mother ever stated that she would be caring for the child in Canada.

Bh. Prim

Feb 21, 2015
Greetings everyone. I applied for TRV twice. First refusal was due to the following reasons:

1. travel history
2. Limited employment prospects
3. Financial status

Admittedly I remissed to submit other supporting documents to prove that I will come back to my home country thinking that I applied together with my mom being her dependent.. Hence I submitted ALL the documents I strongly believed are relevant to make the VO convinced that my sojourn in Canada will be temporary. Among the documents I submitted are: EMPLOYMENT CONTRACT, LEASE OF CONTRACT FOR MY APARTMENT, AFFIDAVIT OF UNDERTAKING, AFFIDAVIT OF MY LAWYER STATING THAT I WILL COME BACK BY REASON OF THE CASE I AM MUCH INVOLVED WITH (ITS A FAMILY CASE CHARGED BY MY PARENTS VS. A RELATIVE FOR CIVIL ACTION), AFFIDAVIT OF EMPLOYER RE: WORK LEAVE OF ABSENCE statement of the bank equivalent to 2800 CAD for one month vacation, police and NBI clearances, INVITATION FROM MY SISTER WHO IS A CITIZEN OF CANADA and all pertinent documents majority of which are notarized. And old passport to show that I traveled out of the country and left at the end of my authorized stay.

9 working days thereafter, i got my refusal letter stating that i got refused AGAIN for the following reason:

1. CURRENT EMPLOYMENT STATUS ( I AM EMPLOYED AS PARALEGAL FOR 8 YEARS UNDER THE SAME LAW FIRM WITH P26,000 GROSS MONTHLY INCOME) ALL STATED IN MY CERTIFICATE OF EMPLOYMENT submitted
2. Personal assets AND FINANCIAL STATUS (i dont have real properties under my name/ submitted a bank certificate equivalent to 2800 CAD for a month stay in Canada plus affidavit of Support of my mom in case there is unforeseen expenses).

plus a cover letter stating my purpose among which are to accompany my mom in her trip and to help my sister in taking care of her husband who had just undergone hip surgery. I also mentioned that I have no plans of seeking greener pasture somewhere else because i love my job in my home country

I would like to ask if the purpose of my visit stated in the invitation letter and my cover letter posted a red flag to the VO which led him/her to deny my application (IM JUST BEING HONEST AS TO MY PURPOSE).

What do you think is the probability of my chances to get the TRV should I reapply again for the third time submitting another invitation letter this time indicating that the ultimate purpose will be for tourism?

And if ever I will apply as an immigrant under the Express Entry program, would it not affect my application for Immigrant considering that I have already been refused for TRV twice?

I am 33 y/o, single/never been married. From Philippines.

Thank you and your response will be greatly appreciated.

In addition to my query above, i would like to be enlightened as well about the "CURRENT EMPLOYMENT STATUS" all about?

I am a full-time paralegal/legal researcher in a law firm for 8 years now with not so impressive salary (Php 16, 0000.) though.
Im also working as a Review Program Manager in a Review Center operated by our firm with Php 10,000.00 gross income monthly.

I dont understand why i was refused TRV on this ground

Sincerely
Bh.Prim

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
canuck_in_uk said:
The visitor would be taking a paid childcare job away from a Canadian citizen or PR. It is work and therefore illegal for a visitor. I doubt that your friend's mother ever stated that she would be caring for the child in Canada.
But clearly the immigration officer at the airport would notice that she is accompanying her grandson to Canada from home country and the visa officer would also know that the grandmother would be taking the Canadian citizen child to Canada. If this is not caring for the child in Canada, I don't know what it is.

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Bh. Prim said:
i agree with canuck_in_uk. i applied for TRV submitted all the required supporting documents plus other relevant documents to prove that i will not over stay. however in my invitation letter, my sister indicated that I will help her take care of my bro in law in recovering after a major surgery. My TRV got refused. Im thinking of re applying again after a month or so.
In my friend's case, the invitation letter clearly indicated that the grandmother would be taking her grandson to board the plane to Canada from home country and taking him back to home country if grandson wants to follow. Her TRV got approved.

So I must disagree with both of you.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
steaky said:
But clearly the immigration officer at the airport would notice that she is accompanying her grandson to Canada from home country and the visa officer would also know that the grandmother would be taking the Canadian citizen child to Canada. If this is not caring for the child in Canada, I don't know what it is.
Gosh, yeah, that one hour at the airport in Canada that the grandmother is caring for the child before reuniting him with the parents is exactly the same as what the OP is trying to do, which is to bring a visitor to Canada for a substantial period of time to care for a child while the parents are at work.

Seriously, how can you think that these are the same thing?

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
canuck_in_uk said:
Seriously, how can you think that these are the same thing?
It doesn't matter. It's whether the TRV is approved or refused that counts.

kriv

Aug 14, 2014
When parents ( father or mother) and grand parents take care or help their children or grandchildren it is not and cannot be consider as a work which require a work permit. Grand parents can even be sponsored for supervisa where as aunt or uncle cannot be. The Original post was about his sister who wants to come to canada to take care of his child which cannot be the main/primary reason to visit canada unless there is no one else to help the child (but the parents are already in Canada to help the child) Yes if she comes to Canada on a family visit and is staying with the family/child she still do not need a work permit to look after the child. The only point was to help the OP that a logical reason would be to mention family visit instead of emotional child caring situation.
Yes if the main applicant (his sister) is sound enoff (financial, ties to home country etc) she can even directly state her reason to visit Canada is to see her nephew and family. There is nothing wrong in it too and would be considered legitimate.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
steaky said:
It doesn't matter. It's whether the TRV is approved or refused that counts.
The TRV for the person you were talking about was approved because she was accompanying the child to Canada. Had she stated that she would be caring for the child in Canada while the parents worked, it would have been refused. The only way for a person with such intentions to get the TRV is to lie.

It's whether a person is honest in their TRV app that counts.

kriv said:
Yes if she comes to Canada on a family visit and is staying with the family/child she still do not need a work permit to look after the child. The only point was to help the OP that a logical reason would be to mention family visit instead of emotional child caring situation.
Yes if the main applicant (his sister) is sound enoff (financial, ties to home country etc) she can even directly state her reason to visit Canada is to see her nephew and family. There is nothing wrong in it too and would be considered legitimate.
If she cares for the child, she is taking away a childcare job from a Canadian citizen/PR; this is considered illegally working in Canada.

OP has stated the primary reason for her to come is to care for the child while they work. You are advising OP's sister to lie on her TRV app and say that she is only coming to visit.

ahangar404

Feb 24, 2015
kriv said:
1) the type of visa to grant (single or multiple entry) is purely the decision of the Visa officer. Usually nowadays Canadian TRV (visit visa) is granted valid until the applicants passport expires, whichever comes first. It means if your sister's passport is valid for the next 4 years then she may get a 4 year multiple entry visa. Most of the applicants gets multiple entry visas so it is not only single entry visa which is granted.

2) if your sister gets a multiple entry visa for 2 years it does not mean that she can live in canada for 2 years.
-Multiple entry visa simply means that she can travel/visit Canada multiple times as long her visa is valid and each visit or trip can only be of 6 months.
- Single entry visa means that she can travel/visit canada only once and her visit/trip can be of 6 months.

3) extension to stay in canada: In both cases (on single or multiple entry visa) if she wants to live more than 6 months in canada she had to apply for an extension to stay in canada. generally it is not difficult to get an extension if you have a valid reason. success/approval rate of extensions application are very high. in most cases they rarely refuse the extension application.

4) A visit visa (TRV) is granted largely based on the applicant's personal circumstances, financial stability, reason to visit etc etc. you can surely send an invitation letter to your sister but you cannot sponsor her a visit visa ( cuz no one can sponsor a visit visa). Her reason to come to canada can only be family visit and tourism. To come in canada to work (as a care giver, baby sitting etc no matter paid or volunteer) she will need a work permit and that's totally a different process and a different visa.

dear kariv would you please contact me by my email ?
ahangar404@yahoo.com

thank you