+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Multiple TRV visitor applications. Status moved from Decision made to in-progress

AnikSoni

Mar 24, 2022
Hi Guys,

This is regarding my visitor visa application moving back from Decision made to in progress.

I had applied for visitor visa application - VisaApp1, for which I received a passport request letter few days back and mentioning that a decision has been made. So I sent my passport to IRCC center Chandigarh. But today I have received my passport back without any visa stamping and a slip saying that Visa processing is in progress. I have not received any email from IRCC with any of this information either.

Crucial information - I had applied another application (Super Visa) - VisaApp2, unaware of the status of the older application VisaApp1 which was approved.

Has the two applications are conflicting in some way ? I was expecting the stamping to go through for my earlier submitted visa application VisaApp1.

Can you please guide me on what should be my next steps :-

What can be done to get the stamping done for my Visa App1 ?
Should I withdraw my Super Visa application VisaApp2 Or keep the VisaApp2 and continue the steps required?

Currently For older application, VisaApp1 - status is in progress (moved back from decision made)
Currently For new application , VisaApp2 - status is in progress (with medical letter issued)

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi Guys,

This is regarding my visitor visa application moving back from Decision made to in progress.

I had applied for visitor visa application - VisaApp1, for which I received a passport request letter few days back and mentioning that a decision has been made. So I sent my passport to IRCC center Chandigarh. But today I have received my passport back without any visa stamping and a slip saying that Visa processing is in progress. I have not received any email from IRCC with any of this information either.

Crucial information - I had applied another application (Super Visa) - VisaApp2, unaware of the status of the older application VisaApp1 which was approved.

Has the two applications are conflicting in some way ? I was expecting the stamping to go through for my earlier submitted visa application VisaApp1.

Can you please guide me on what should be my next steps :-

What can be done to get the stamping done for my Visa App1 ?
Should I withdraw my Super Visa application VisaApp2 Or keep the VisaApp2 and continue the steps required?

Currently For older application, VisaApp1 - status is in progress (moved back from decision made)
Currently For new application , VisaApp2 - status is in progress (with medical letter issued)
There is no proof visa#1 will be approved so would not withdraw anything yet. Assume that you applied for a TRV for your parents for the first application and requested over 6 month visit for your parents for the second visa application hoping they’ll be approved for a supervisa.