+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

multiple positions same company

HAPPYTOHELP

Nov 6, 2019
Hello guys,

Need some help here

I started worked in a pharmaceutical company in India in the capacity of Trainee custodian since 28-Feb-11 to 31-Dec-2012. I was promoted as Assistant custodian on 01-Jan-13 and was relieved from my duties on 24-May-13.

I asked HR for my experience letter and I received the following

This is to certify that Mr. XXXX was working as a full time employee with xxxxx from 28-Feb-11 to 24th May 2012. His designation at the time of relieving was Assistant custodian and was drawing xxxxx per month

He was performing following duties and responsibilities during his tenure
a
b
c....

I requested to include all my position in the letter. But refused saying that its standard company format. Job duties and responsibilities are same for the two roles

What are my options here??

Thanks

dr.josemrod

Sep 3, 2019
Santiago, Dominican Republic
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Mexico
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
31-08-2019
AOR Received.
05-09-2019
Med's Done....
18-09-2019
LANDED..........
08-05-2020
Do you have contrac
Hello guys,

Need some help here

I started worked in a pharmaceutical company in India in the capacity of Trainee custodian since 28-Feb-11 to 31-Dec-2012. I was promoted as Assistant custodian on 01-Jan-13 and was relieved from my duties on 24-May-13.

I asked HR for my experience letter and I received the following

This is to certify that Mr. XXXX was working as a full time employee with xxxxx from 28-Feb-11 to 24th May 2012. His designation at the time of relieving was Assistant custodian and was drawing xxxxx per month

He was performing following duties and responsibilities during his tenure
a
b
c....

I requested to include all my position in the letter. But refused saying that its standard company format. Job duties and responsibilities are same for the two roles

What are my options here??

Thanks
Do you have contracts? Job offer letters?

Can you get affidavits from co-workers?

HAPPYTOHELP

Nov 6, 2019
Thanks for your reply. I do have contracts and offer letters. Unfortunately, job duties are not listed in them.

Its in 2013, most of my colleagues and supervisor left the organization

dr.josemrod

Sep 3, 2019
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Mexico
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
31-08-2019
AOR Received.
05-09-2019
Med's Done....
18-09-2019
LANDED..........
08-05-2020
Thanks for your reply. I do have contracts and offer letters. Unfortunately, job duties are not listed in them.

Its in 2013, most of my colleagues and supervisor left the organization
You can use those as to justify this.
But why not report all as stated in the letter?

dr.josemrod

Sep 3, 2019
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Mexico
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
31-08-2019
AOR Received.
05-09-2019
Med's Done....
18-09-2019
LANDED..........
08-05-2020
My Pay stubs since 28-Feb-11 to 31-Dec-2012 says that my designation was Trainee custodian
You can explain this in an LoE.

Are the paystubs mandatory? You will find mixed answers on this! We particularly didn't add any paystubs, just reference letters, very complete ones.

Nov 9, 2019
I have a query relating to job letter. I have joined company AAA on oct 2017 as part time employee 20 hours per week ( Noc code - C) I am not claiming points for this.

On August 2018 i was promoted in same company. It is Full time , Different position and responsibilities and NOC - B (6316)
Almost 1 year experience till now. I am claiming points for this 1 year experience

While creating express entry profile i just entered experience August 2018 - present for which i am claiming points

My question is that do i need to mention both jobs in job letter and then specifically describe my current job (NOC -B 6316) and provide roles and responsibilities of my current job as CIC suggest that you need to mention all titles held in that company
Please reply

AbcxyzUser

Dec 4, 2019
Hi
I'm also in similar boat.
Started working at my current company as student part time.

Currently working full time with new role from past 1 year and 2 months for which i'm claiming points.

Do i need to include both titles in experience letter or just the full time job position ?
Please help!
Thanks

Fatima5648

Jul 1, 2022
Hi Preet,

I used the same format as mentioned above i.e. I merged both the positions in single letter and mentioned that "in both the roles his responsibilities were as follows". this was accepted by IRCC
Hi,
So we need to mention 2 titles in work history and then upload same letter in both?

NikSharma01

Champion Member
Jan 3, 2019
Hi,
So we need to mention 2 titles in work history and then upload same letter in both?
Hi,

You can proceed with a single entry in the work history only if both designations of a company fall under same NOC code. If not, then separate entries would be required.

prince.ali1

Star Member
Oct 21, 2022
Hi everyone! I have the same situation too which confuses me. But in my case, I have two different companies and 1 same job title.

In my express entry checklist, I have to upload two documents for these 2 jobs and it only shows me "Employment Records - Manufacturing Technician" for both section whereas how would I know where should I upload my 1st job from previous company and my current job here in Canada if it shows me the same thing?

Details (Files that I uploaded)Document Name (Checklist from IRCC)
Proof of Employment - Manufacturing Tech Company 1* Employment Records - Manufacturing Technician (required)
Proof of Employment - Manufacturing Tech Company 2* Employment Records - Manufacturing Technician (required)

Here's how it looked like from my IRCC account. My concern is what if I should be uploading the documents the other way around? Will it be a problem if ever I have uploaded the documents in any of these sections?

Appreciate any inputs!

NikSharma01

Champion Member
Jan 3, 2019
Hi everyone! I have the same situation too which confuses me. But in my case, I have two different companies and 1 same job title.

In my express entry checklist, I have to upload two documents for these 2 jobs and it only shows me "Employment Records - Manufacturing Technician" for both section whereas how would I know where should I upload my 1st job from previous company and my current job here in Canada if it shows me the same thing?

Details (Files that I uploaded)Document Name (Checklist from IRCC)
Proof of Employment - Manufacturing Tech Company 1* Employment Records - Manufacturing Technician (required)
Proof of Employment - Manufacturing Tech Company 2* Employment Records - Manufacturing Technician (required)

Here's how it looked like from my IRCC account. My concern is what if I should be uploading the documents the other way around? Will it be a problem if ever I have uploaded the documents in any of these sections?

Appreciate any inputs!