+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Multiple NOC confusion

Shweta_Desai

Star Member
Jun 22, 2018
Hi.

I am just starting with my EE profile creation and really confused on the Work Exp part. I have a similar query..

I have total of 11 years work exp - Software Eng, Project Lead, Solution Architect & Manager titles. I have 2 Exp letters, 7 years total of exp under the NOC code 0213 Computer Manager with all data written as required by CIC;

1. Shall i just enter this much ?
or
Do i need to enter my entire work exp in the system ? Meaning they wil be having different NOC codes. ex. Soft Eng code will be differnt.

Please advise if there are any consequences in mixing up NOC codes to showcase exp, if data not shared now can cause rejection later etc. or

2. is there a way to state total exp and then mention what noc u want to apply for.

3. For Project Lead and Solution Architect roles i have description handed in exp letter for NOC 213 of Computer Manager, will that be enough to apply?

Thank you,
Shweta.

hope2018

Champion Member
Mar 14, 2018
Hi.

I am just starting with my EE profile creation and really confused on the Work Exp part. I have a similar query..

I have total of 11 years work exp - Software Eng, Project Lead, Solution Architect & Manager titles. I have 2 Exp letters, 7 years total of exp under the NOC code 0213 Computer Manager with all data written as required by CIC;

or
Do i need to enter my entire work exp in the system ? Meaning they wil be having different NOC codes. ex. Soft Eng code will be differnt.

Please advise if there are any consequences in mixing up NOC codes to showcase exp, if data not shared now can cause rejection later etc. or

2. is there a way to state total exp and then mention what noc u want to apply for.

3. For Project Lead and Solution Architect roles i have description handed in exp letter for NOC 213 of Computer Manager, will that be enough to apply?

Thank you,
Shweta.
You need to keep one NOC as primary where you should have continous one year of experience minimum.

Apart from it it's up to you how many NOC you want to have.

You get maximum points for 3 years of foreign experience. Again it's up to you if you want to show more than that or not.

You may choose to keep only one NOC which is your primary as well.

Shweta_Desai

Star Member
Jun 22, 2018
Thank you for the quick reply.. I guess so i can declare all the experiences and the system will automatically ask me for the max to show the proof letters.

Shweta_Desai

Star Member
Jun 22, 2018
i actually have one doubt.. I have a 4 yrs 4months year exp as Manager - the final exp certificate from my company (a big Indian IT) states all duties of a PM, however, sometime in the last 4 months they changed my designation due to an internal shuffling. And i got the final Exp letter on the title of 'Solutions Architect" as that was what was present in the system.

Do you think that an official letter on duties of a PM & designation of a Solution Architect can be applied or can be applicable for the NOC 0213 of a Computer Manager ?

Thank you in advance for your help..
Regards,
Shweta.

hamgha

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2017
App. Filed.......
07-07-2017
Nomination.....
12-04-2017
IELTS Request
21-01-2017
Med's Done....
25-04-2017
i actually have one doubt.. I have a 4 yrs 4months year exp as Manager - the final exp certificate from my company (a big Indian IT) states all duties of a PM, however, sometime in the last 4 months they changed my designation due to an internal shuffling. And i got the final Exp letter on the title of 'Solutions Architect" as that was what was present in the system.

Do you think that an official letter on duties of a PM & designation of a Solution Architect can be applied or can be applicable for the NOC 0213 of a Computer Manager ?

Thank you in advance for your help..
Regards,
Shweta.
the noc is the one matching the most duties of your job. designation is pointless.

AbhiS44

Jul 21, 2018
Hi, I have similar questions. Please help
  1. The requirements for NOC code 0213 states that "Several years of experience in systems analysis, data administration, software engineering, network design or computer programming, including supervisory experience, are required" which would mean that we need to show some other NOC code for our initial work experience. Is this correct or can we show 0213 for the entire work history?
  2. I've non-technical work experience which I'm not able to find in NOC code. I checked some threads which have suggested to use NOC code for PMO (again not an exact match, but close). My question is even if I use that code, will the transition from such a code to 0213 make sense?
  3. I've worked in multiple locations, do I need to create separate rows for each of them?
  4. I was in Satyam (SCSL) which was merged and then acquired by Tech Mahindra. If I create multiple rows, should I provide "Satyam" or "Tech Mahindra" in the field of "Employer's Name"

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jul-2011 (received 25-Jul-2011)
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
Hi.

or

No, you do not need to enter your total work experience in the profile. You only need to list eligible work experience for which you want to claim points (e.g. you can provide proof of work experience). If you cannot prove it (e.g. you cannot get letters) and you don't need it for more points, then you do not need to include it in your profile. (Later, if you receive an ITA, you will have to include EVERYTHING in your background declaration).

You receive maximum CRS points for 3 years of foreign work experience; for FSW selection factors, you receive maximum points for 6 years...Work experience older than 10 years is not eligible.

You don't "apply" for an NOC, but you do have to designate one NOC as your "primary." This is the NOC that IRCC will use to determine if you meet the MEC (minimum eligibility criteria) (under FSW) of one year of continuous skilled work.

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
Hi, I have similar questions. Please help
  1. The requirements for NOC code 0213 states that "Several years of experience in systems analysis, data administration, software engineering, network design or computer programming, including supervisory experience, are required" which would mean that we need to show some other NOC code for our initial work experience. Is this correct or can we show 0213 for the entire work history?
1) In the expression of interest profile, you do NOT need to show "entire work history," only the experience for which you are claiming points (and are able to provide proof). (Later, if you receive an ITA, you will have to include EVERYTHING in your background declaration).

2) Unless the occupation is regulated, you can ignore the "employment requirements" of the NOC.

1. I've worked in multiple locations, do I need to create separate rows for each of them?
Maybe .... how long in each location?
  1. I was in Satyam (SCSL) which was merged and then acquired by Tech Mahindra. If I create multiple rows, should I provide "Satyam" or "Tech Mahindra" in the field of "Employer's Name"
You can use the old name if the entire period for that row was under the old name... Later if you get the ITA, you can provide a brief letter of explanation about the merger/change of ownership.

Reactions: AbhiS44

AbhiS44

Jul 21, 2018
Thanks for the quick reply.
Multiple locations breakdown (only for the 0213 NOC code):
  • 12 months - Gurgaon, India
  • 17 months - Noida, India
  • 22 months - London, UK
  • 20 months - Bangalore, India (current)

panchalch2

Feb 20, 2019
hi,
In express entry do i have to show the entire work history or only the experience related to the primary occupation?
Please suggest.

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
hi,
In express entry do i have to show the entire work history or only the experience related to the primary occupation?
Please suggest.
In the profile, you only need to show the jobs for which you want to claim points and can provide documents. In other words, only the skilled experience that you can use to meet the eligibility requirements and increase your CRS score. Does not have to be related to the primary occupation.

Everything else can go in your personal history, and you will not need to provide documents.

panchalch2

Feb 20, 2019
In the profile, you only need to show the jobs for which you want to claim points and can provide documents. In other words, only the skilled experience that you can use to meet the eligibility requirements and increase your CRS score. Does not have to be related to the primary occupation.

Everything else can go in your personal history, and you will not need to provide documents.
Thanks for reply...
But while creating EE profile i didnt see personal history section.. Am i missing out something?

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
Thanks for reply...
But while creating EE profile i didnt see personal history section.. Am i missing out something?
It´s not in the profile. That comes later, after you get an ITA, and you´re filling out the actual PR application....

panchalch2

Feb 20, 2019
It´s not in the profile. That comes later, after you get an ITA, and you´re filling out the actual PR application....
Okay.. So for EE profile i just mention all the experience with their NOC and later post ITA will do as you said. Plz correct me if i am wrong.. Thanks a lot!!