Med's Done....
12-08-2010
Passport Req..
06-12-2011
VISA ISSUED...
20-12-2011
LANDED..........
09-03-2012
I am going back to the states at the end of August (visitor record expires then). I would have tried to extend my visitor record, but I have to take care of some things in the states that can't wait. I plan on having my application for permanent residency mailed before I leave. Upon my return, I will ask for a visitor record for 6 months while I wait for permanent residency to be approved (Buffalo office). My question is, would they give me a multiple entry visa if I ask for one? Or would they just give me a visitor record and advise against leaving until I get approval? The reason I ask is my parents health isn't the greatest and my grandmother lives with my parents and she has alzheimers. Some times I have to go to the states to help out and if I leave, my visitor record does not grant me re-entry and I will have to go through the whole re-entry process again (and you know what a hassle that can be at times).

Would my best advice be, once I get back stay in Canada until approved? Any opinions welcome. Thanks.