+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

multiple entry visa how to apply for three year visa?

Dinto

Star Member
Feb 24, 2012
Hello my friend is planning on coming to visit me in canada for 5 months.... we want to get her a multiple entry visa.... if we apply for the time period of her first trip... will they grant the visa for a longer period... people keep telling me they got a three year multiple entry visa.... what does this mean and how does it work?

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

Dinto said:
Hello my friend is planning on coming to visit me in canada for 5 months.... we want to get her a multiple entry visa.... if we apply for the time period of her first trip... will they grant the visa for a longer period... people keep telling me they got a three year multiple entry visa.... what does this mean and how does it work?

See: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/visa.asp

Dinto

Star Member
Feb 24, 2012
thats great pmm but it doesn't say anything about the number of years or anything like that... will they make the judgement on that.... just applying for the current visit?

Thanks

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

Dinto said:
thats great pmm but it doesn't say anything about the number of years or anything like that... will they make the judgement on that.... just applying for the current visit?

Thanks

1. Yes, the processing office makes the decision whether to issue a single entry or multiple entry and how long it will be valid for.