+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Multiple Entry Visa for Existing Permit [India]

kishoreVen

Jun 11, 2015
Hi all,

I currently have a worker status in canada and have come back home to Bangalore on vacation. My Entry Visa has expired and I would like to apply for a fresh Multiple Entry Visa. Can someone please help me figure out the process? I have tried the CIC website's online application facility but it takes me to the application where I need to apply for a fresh Visitor Visa. This includes giving a Letter of Invitation from a family member in Canada, taking a medical test and so on. I know that there is way to just apply for Visa using the current work permit as a document attached but I don't know how to get there.

Any help is appreciated!

Thanks,
Kishore

rupesh.gunapati

Star Member
Sep 10, 2010
Visa Office......
NDVO
LANDED..........
in Toronto downtown
So, you are not a visitor. You need to look under tab > work to extend your work-permit in order to come back to Canada

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/work/permit/extend.asp

dbss

Champion Member
Jun 22, 2012
You will need to apply for a worker visa and along with all the documentation that is requested. Having the work permit won't help you much as you will still need to show the visa officer the ties to the country.....

Question - why didn't you get the visa from Canada and then go?

kishoreVen

Jun 11, 2015
Actually I did.

But at the time I had upgraded to post-grad work permit with visa. But the immigration officer, for some reason, chose not to give me an updated multiple entry visa. Maybe because I already had 3 months left on my visa. I actually am in a bind now. I have to return to start looking for work in canada and so I am thinking of how to provide my financial support document.

mickeyindia

Dec 14, 2009
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
kishoreVen said:
Actually I did.

But at the time I had upgraded to post-grad work permit with visa. But the immigration officer, for some reason, chose not to give me an updated multiple entry visa. Maybe because I already had 3 months left on my visa. I actually am in a bind now. I have to return to start looking for work in canada and so I am thinking of how to provide my financial support document.
I am confused. With post grad work permit the visa officer do not give a entry visa. As we know , post grad work permit is to authorize work in Canada and entry visa is to grant you access to Canada. So these are entirely different.

"Should I apply for a visa when I apply for a work permit?

If you need both a visa and a work permit, you do not have to apply for them separately. If your application is approved, an officer will give you a visa at the same time as your permit."
You should have applied for entry visa before leaving Canada. If you recently graduated from a school I would recommend you check with International Students office. I am sure they will have the information you are looking for.