+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Multiple Entry TRV Rejected, Need advice

fakehashish

Sep 9, 2012
Application for Multiple Entry TRV rejected from Abu Dhabi,.

I'd explain the situation first. At the end of July, my long time close Canadian friend and I discussed coming to Canada to celebrate her 25th birthday.
Anyhow, I don't have a job...finished college 2 years ago, but cultural reasons for not having a job etc. Also, I didn't really have much money in my bank account up till then, about $2500 in savings. But In the Beginning of Aug -> Now I started depositing money, slowly, and had about $6500 at the time of Application (Aug 30th)
The documents I submitted were:
notarised letter of Invite.
Pics,
Family info,
Application,
Bank Statement 3 months.
Stated I intended to go on the 18th of September 2012 for 20 Days visit. My friend mentioned I wouldn't have to pay for accomodation and food while with her and her family.

Sept 6th, I got a letter along with my passport, saying my application was rejected because they don't think I shall leave Canada at the end of my visit on the terms:
Purpose of Visit
Travel History
Personal Assets/Financial Status.

-___-

I'm feeling pretty bummed about it. But I really do want to visit my friend, and meet her family and experience Central Canada, everyone goes to the big cities, but I was really psyched getting to visit the rural side of Canada and all that.

I want to reapply. I am aware I would have to put more money in my account, and show 3 months of money Instead of 1 month of money going in.... But wouldn't that make more sense to the Visa Officer, that I haven't been "saving up" for some sort of getaway lol, we made a plan and I got to it...... Maybe applying was too soon, but processing time is 5 days. Not having a job may not be an issue as "Your current empyment situation" was unticked.
I am also thinking getting another letter of invite, Staying over a period of time for Christmas. A month instead of 15 days :-\
Now theres the important part that I didn't add to my application coz I thought it was unneeded, and too far off: I start my semester in a college here in Dubai Mid-January. I could get that and add it to my application ( I want to apply Mid-October) I enrol in the beginning of October anyway, so I didn't want to go and ask for a letter from them just yet - Plus I intended to go and be back by October for this and for Eid. That IS something I could add to my next application.
???

Should I add a cover letter? Should I add a copy of a return ticket for December? Am I doing something wrong?
o_O

tldr: Applied, got rejected for reasons I dont quite get (my purpose of visit was fine :() And would appreciate any help to make my application the second time better. Any tips on how to make my application stronger would be greatly appreciated. it would be my first time travelling on my own (my family allowed me which is a HUGE deal...single girl travelling alone and so on....they are more concerned about my return than Canadian Embassy imo! :p) I've never seen snow, and I could never visit my bestfriend on her marriage and even birth of 2 beautiful kids. I have the chance now, and want to make the most of it.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
You need to show stronger ties to your home country to prove you will return. Since you are young, single, have no job and essentially no assets - you unfortunately have a lot working against you. I would recommend that you include a letter from your school confirming that you will be starting classes in January. You should also include proof that you have paid your tuition for the January session.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Just to add - it would be wise to apply for a single entry rather than a multiple entry.

fakehashish

Sep 9, 2012
Thank you Scylla! Hmm... Perhaps I should've applied for single entry, and I shall have a better bank record and school information to back up my next application! And maybe a flight return ticket too :D
I really hope to do all I can for my next application...

rohanferns

Sep 11, 2012
scylla said:
Just to add - it would be wise to apply for a single entry rather than a multiple entry.
Hey Scylla, I too was rejected yesterday on grounds of my travel history, purpose of visit and limited employment prospects in your country of residence. I too had applied for multiple entry visa. Why do you recommend single entry? To me, that could also be looked at as a red flag since you dont intend to leave after. I would think that a multiple entry would have a little more weight since you are paying more for it and I guess it shows that you would like to be back.

fakehashish

Sep 9, 2012
rohanferns said:
Hey Scylla, I too was rejected yesterday on grounds of my travel history, purpose of visit and limited employment prospects in your country of residence. I too had applied for multiple entry visa. Why do you recommend single entry? To me, that could also be looked at as a red flag since you dont intend to leave after. I would think that a multiple entry would have a little more weight since you are paying more for it and I guess it shows that you would like to be back.
Exactly what I was thinking, I changed my application to multiple entry just before giving it in.
I think next round I shall apply through aramex. Driving down there and waiting is kind of useless.

My friends letter was pretty good :( Im pretty sad about them saying my purpose was an issue, I guess my purpose wasnt good enough for "multiple entry" But still...
I shall give it one last try to go meet my bestfriend, if it doesn't work...it doesn't work. :-[

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
rohanferns said:
I too had applied for multiple entry visa. Why do you recommend single entry? To me, that could also be looked at as a red flag since you dont intend to leave after. I would think that a multiple entry would have a little more weight since you are paying more for it and I guess it shows that you would like to be back.
To me it's the opposite. It's the multiple that raises red flags. You've never been to Canada before. You say you have a friend that you want to visit. And yet you're asking for a multiple entry visa. Why do you need a multiple entry if you're just going to visit a friend once? Again, stick with the single when you reapply.

rohanferns

Sep 11, 2012
scylla said:
To me it's the opposite. It's the multiple that raises red flags. You've never been to Canada before. You say you have a friend that you want to visit. And yet you're asking for a multiple entry visa. Why do you need a multiple entry if you're just going to visit a friend once? Again, stick with the single when you reapply.
I guess it would make sense if you are visiting a friend. I had an invitation letter from my uncle (moms brother). And in the application form, I also listed my other two uncles who live there. So since I have family, I guess it could be justified opting for multiple entry. I shall be attempting again and I'll heed your advice and opt for single entry. Atleast I wont lose that much if its rejected again. I have published a post in this forum, requesting advise and Steaky was kind enough to dispel. I would love to have your opinion too. I will not place the link here as I have already bummed off fakehashishs post. It should be in the first page though

Sorry fakehashish

fakehashish

Sep 9, 2012
scylla said:
Aha, I didn't see it that way. Thank you! Hope I can get my single entry approved, it would be awesome ^.^

NP, Rohan :p

rohanferns

Sep 11, 2012
fakehashish said:
Aha, I didn't see it that way. Thank you! Hope I can get my single entry approved, it would be awesome ^.^

NP, Rohan :p
Keep us posted. After reading through this forum, I realized that half the entries have no conclusion. Atleast if they mentioned the outcome, we would have an idea of what works or does'nt. All the best girl!

fakehashish

Sep 9, 2012
rohanferns said:
Keep us posted. After reading through this forum, I realized that half the entries have no conclusion. Atleast if they mentioned the outcome, we would have an idea of what works or does'nt. All the best girl!
You're right... If people would follow up, it would be so much helpful. Just even talking about their experience at the embassy or saying/mentioning things that make a difference towards the application.

For example, while I was there, I was nervous about my picture. I went armed with a stapler etc coz I didn't know whether to staple it or not. People there seemed......distant and ... I dunno, couldn't talk to them, they seemed like noobs too and the only other people are the Security guards. Anyway,The "Abu Dhabi checklist" said I should, but I read on some other forums I shouldn't staple *censored word* to the application form.
When it was my turn to go up, I gave in my stuff and asked the lady, she was nice! She told me it wasn't needed, most applicants staple it and she removed them, then she stapled the picture herself to another page (not the validation page) and checked at the back for my name + date of birth.
It's just the little things :p

rohanferns

Sep 11, 2012
fakehashish said:
You're right... If people would follow up, it would be so much helpful. Just even talking about their experience at the embassy or saying/mentioning things that make a difference towards the application.

For example, while I was there, I was nervous about my picture. I went armed with a stapler etc coz I didn't know whether to staple it or not. People there seemed......distant and ... I dunno, couldn't talk to them, they seemed like noobs too and the only other people are the Security guards. Anyway,The "Abu Dhabi checklist" said I should, but I read on some other forums I shouldn't staple *censored word* to the application form.
When it was my turn to go up, I gave in my stuff and asked the lady, she was nice! She told me it wasn't needed, most applicants staple it and she removed them, then she stapled the picture herself to another page (not the validation page) and checked at the back for my name + date of birth.
It's just the little things :p
Oh yeah...lol. I too doubted the staple thingy. I used a paperclip to attach my pics

user828

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2012
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi ( Parents Sponsorship )
App. Filed.......
19-10-2017
AOR Received.
01-12-2017
Age, travel history and ties - normally these decide the date. A Single person with no travel history has very less chance of getting it

nabilkhan

Star Member
Sep 22, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
UAE
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hay guys please update did u get Visa??

I want to apply for multiple TRV with my family (Wife and daughter).....
I am in Qatar........ You people have any advice????

What do you think that I will get reply (approved or refused) in one month or less or more???