+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Multiple degrees - Should I get multiple ECAs (IQAS)?

sfahadali

Star Member
Jan 31, 2013
Friends,

I got ECA for my latest degree/ last degree obtained, which is my masters (MBA) and didn't apply for my BS degree.

Academic/ Professional History
Under-graduation (BS) : Dec 2010
First job : May 2011 - Aug 2015
Post-graduation (MBA) : Sep 2013 - Jan 2016
Second job : 2016 - till date

I have 2 queries:

1. Should I get ECA for my undergrad (BS) degree as well?
A friend told me that your MBA ECA would give you the maximum points but if one wants to show professional work experience after BS, they must get an ECA for the degree which made them eligible for that job.

2. Will I have to pay IQAS again?
As per IQAS website, they will charge same whether one applies for single or multiple degrees. I got my MBA ECA in Sep 2017 and will be applying for BS ECA next month.

Thanks in advance.

sfahadali

Star Member
Jan 31, 2013
its better to apply for both Bachelors and Masters degree for evaluation.as the Fee would be the same.
Thanks for the reply.
Yeah, I know its better to get it done but my second query is, will IQAS charge me extra? because I applied for MBA ECA in Aug 2017 and for BS, I will be sending it next month

mnasir.i

Oct 25, 2016
u should have sent the bachelors and masters together
Hi,

Does it really matter for EE or at the time of the interview with VISA office (In case they call for the interview) to get both degrees verified (ECA), becuase as far as i know last obtained degree is sufficient?

Please share your views on this.

Thank You.

Reactions: sfahadali

sweetsalt

Star Member
Jul 22, 2017
yes last degree is required but its always advisable to also get your bachlors accessed in combination with masters.

hamgha

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2017
App. Filed.......
07-07-2017
Nomination.....
12-04-2017
IELTS Request
21-01-2017
Med's Done....
25-04-2017
Hi,

Does it really matter for EE or at the time of the interview with VISA office (In case they call for the interview) to get both degrees verified (ECA), becuase as far as i know last obtained degree is sufficient?

Please share your views on this.

Thank You.
if your masters isn't evaluated as one, getting the bachelor done as well can help you get more points with the two or more diplomas

sfahadali

Star Member
Jan 31, 2013
if your masters isn't evaluated as one, getting the bachelor done as well can help you get more points with the two or more diplomas
Thank you for your response.

Points are not the issue here. The issue is that I have ECA for my MBA and have calculated points accordingly, would I profile will be rejected by immigration officer because I do not have ECA for my undergraduate degree (BS)?

sfahadali

Star Member
Jan 31, 2013

Points are not the issue here. The issue is that I have ECA for my MBA and have calculated points accordingly, would I profile will be rejected by immigration officer because I do not have ECA for my undergraduate degree (BS)?
and MBA gives you higher score as compared to two or more certificates/diplomas/degrees.

sweetsalt

Star Member
Jul 22, 2017

its alright you can pursue with your MBA ECA..

sfahadali

Star Member
Jan 31, 2013
its alright you can pursue with your MBA ECA..
Thanks a lot for your valuable feedback. Really appreciated. :)
A friend got me confused because he said you have to show a proof (ECA for BS degree) which made you eligible for your first job.