+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Multiple Citizenship docs required to send

V.F.S

Oct 6, 2016
Hi all,
I am preparing my documents to submit to the citizenship. However, on question 13 on the CIT0002 I need to enter my info about other citizenships.
I received my Italian citizenship last year (and I hold another citizenship from the country I was born) but I haven't gotten any documents yet. I am traveling to my home country in September where I will get the Italian passport and the birth certificate.
My question is if they require prove of the second citizenship? I obviously have the passport from my origin country that I will be submitting, but I do not have anything from the Italian citizenship yet, so I don't know if they will eventually ask for it.
The required document list and the CIT002 form don't mention about sending documents to prove the information provided on question 13.

Thank you!

jickson

Dec 17, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi all,
I am preparing my documents to submit to the citizenship. However, on question 13 on the CIT0002 I need to enter my info about other citizenships.
I received my Italian citizenship last year (and I hold another citizenship from the country I was born) but I haven't gotten any documents yet. I am traveling to my home country in September where I will get the Italian passport and the birth certificate.
My question is if they require prove of the second citizenship? I obviously have the passport from my origin country that I will be submitting, but I do not have anything from the Italian citizenship yet, so I don't know if they will eventually ask for it.
The required document list and the CIT002 form don't mention about sending documents to prove the information provided on question 13.

Thank you!
You don't need to provide proof of citizenship (from Italy) at the time of application. However, if you possess a passport from Italy anytime in your eligibility period (e.g. past 5 years) you need to send a copy of that. If you won't get an Italian passport before you apply, I suggest you include a letter of explanation and saying that you haven't had any travel document from Italy.

Good luck.

Reactions: V.F.S