+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

multiple applications in process at same time?

burntoinge

Jul 6, 2010
Is a person allowed to have multiple applications going on at once? I am hoping to be able to visit my boyfriend for 6 months, then an additional 2 months while waiting for an extension, equaling 8 months of living together to finish the 12 months(already had 4 months in USA) of living together to be able to apply for "common-law" under his work visa. However, being that it takes so long for the Skilled Worker application to be processed, plus the time to be approved by Quebec, I am wondering if I should apply for that right away regardless. But if I do that, I could still be in the application process for that when I have reached the 1-year mark to be able to apply for common-law.

And if I have an application out for Quebec and the Skilled Worker program, if I were to find an employer to offer me a work visa, would that effect their application for the LMO for me to get a work visa?

I guess I'm just basically asking if it will screw me over if I apply for the Quebec and Skilled Worker programs and then try to get an LMO/work visa or apply under common-law while that is still processing since that could take a total of 1-2 years.

angelbrat

Oct 31, 2009
If your boyfriend is not a Canadian citizen or PR, you cannot apply as common law anyway, so the 1 year makes no difference.

burntoinge

Jul 6, 2010
Leon has mentioned multiple times in this forum, correcting people stating otherwise, that I would be able to apply for common-law under his work visa. I just want to know if I could do that while applying for a work visa myself or the skilled worker program.