+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

MSP health coverage while waiting for Permanent Residency inland BC

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
I also just recently recieved this email from IRCC in response to a webform request i had submitted about a different situation and they included this little blurp about my visitor record extansion as well stating i have implied status do to my application i had submitted. I hadnt submitted any applications since december and i have not recieved approval for either OWP or PR yet.

This is the response email
"Thank you for contacting Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC).

We are pleased to confirm that the payment has been added to your work permit application.

If further information is needed during the processing of your application, the responsible office may contact you.

Furthermore, we verified the information in your file and can confirm that the work permit application you submitted will give you an implied status in Canada when your current visitor record expires on July 15, 2020. Therefore, the visitor record application you submitted on June 11 2020 is not required. "

This is stating the application is what gave me implied status.
Exactly what I have been saying it is the OWP application that gives you implied status not your PR application.

Reactions: Krystajo

mhopek

Jan 17, 2022
@Krystajo thank you so much for posting this! I also had NO IDEA that I could get coverage through my spouse's MSP. This has made a huge difference for me! THANK YOU!