Not Yet
Passport Req..
Not Yet
VISA ISSUED...
Not Yet
LANDED..........
Not Yet
Hi

I have submitted an application with MSC chemistry (2 Years) + 3 Years Bachelors in Chemistry. As per WES or ECA validation can some one tell me will this be considered a bachelor or Masters ?

Reactions: jedel singh

jairichi

Champion Member
Jan 21, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
krishhmurali said:
Hi

I have submitted an application with MSC chemistry (2 Years) + 3 Years Bachelors in Chemistry. As per WES or ECA validation can some one tell me will this be considered a bachelor or Masters ?
https://www.wes.org/ca/preliminary/poe.asp

gurik

Champion Member
Apr 29, 2016
Category........
Other
krishhmurali said:
Hi

Hey, I am going through the same confusion. I have done my BSc Biotechnology 3 year and MSc Biotechnology 2 year from NAAC credited grade A universities, but still can't say they ll give me master's or not.
There is only 1% chance that they give you or me Master's, to be honest. The equivalency tool of WES always gives you Master's equivalency but this is not reflected in the WES report, my friend had done B.Com from Delhi University (3 year,1st division with distiction) and M.com (2year) from JNU that too with 70%, but her WES evaluation came as Bachelor's. She had to go for "two or more" option thing. I till date have not seen any applicant getting master's after 3+2 BSc and MSc. Even I am highly disappointed.
The equivalency tool has given me Master's don't know will it reflect in my results or not, I'll be getting them next week.
You also please keep us updated about your's, maybe we can give some genuine positive hope to each other.
All the best!!! hope some miracle happens for us.

jairichi

Champion Member
Jan 21, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
gurik said:
Hey, I am going through the same confusion. I have done my BSc Biotechnology 3 year and MSc Biotechnology 2 year from NAAC credited grade A universities, but still can't say they ll give me master's or not.
There is only 1% chance that they give you or me Master's, to be honest. The equivalency tool of WES always gives you Master's equivalency but this is not reflected in the WES report, my friend had done B.Com from Delhi University (3 year,1st division with distiction) and M.com (2year) from JNU that too with 70%, but her WES evaluation came as Bachelor's. She had to go for "two or more" option thing. I till date have not seen any applicant getting master's after 3+2 BSc and MSc. Even I am highly disappointed.
The equivalency tool has given me Master's don't know will it reflect in my results or not, I'll be getting them next week.
You also please keep us updated about your's, maybe we can give some genuine positive hope to each other.
All the best!!! hope some miracle happens for us.
I think it is better to go with IQAS if you are doubtful as I know they do consider 3 years bachelor's and 2 years master's as bachelor's and master's degree.

gurik

Champion Member
Apr 29, 2016
Category........
Other
jairichi said:
I think it is better to go with IQAS if you are doubtful as I know they do consider 3 years bachelor's and 2 years master's as bachelor's and master's degree.
Thank you so much!!! Can you please tell me how long do they take to evaluate ?? And what degrees of yours were evaluated I mean what was your bachelor and master's degree in? and was it from INdia?

jairichi

Champion Member
Jan 21, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
gurik said:
Thank you so much!!! Can you please tell me how long do they take to evaluate ?? And what degrees of yours were evaluated I mean what was your bachelor and master's degree in? and was it from INdia?
They take exactly 10 working days or less to evaluate. They do not provide electronic version like WES. You get only the paper report. I had B.Sc and M.Sc Microbiology degree from India and PhD from France. They evaluated all my degrees to Bachelor, Master and PhD equivalent in Canada.

I would suggest you to post your question in FSW and EE section in this forum regarding IQAS evaluation.

Reactions: bnp_can

gurik

Champion Member
Apr 29, 2016
Category........
Other
jairichi said:
They take exactly 10 working days or less to evaluate. They do not provide electronic version like WES. You get only the paper report. I had B.Sc and M.Sc Microbiology degree from India and PhD from France. They evaluated all my degrees to Bachelor, Master and PhD equivalent in Canada.

I would suggest you to post your question in FSW and EE section in this forum regarding IQAS evaluation.
Thank you so much, your information was really helpful!! I'll post my queries there if any. best wishes to you!!

krishhmurali

May 14, 2013
Dubai
Category........
Visa Office......
Montreal
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-July-2013
Doc's Request.
26-Feb-2016/ submitted 25 - Apr -2016
Nomination.....
Not Yet
AOR Received.
23-oct-2013
IELTS Request
submitted along with application
File Transfer...
Not Yet
Med's Request
Not Yet
Med's Done....
Not Yet
Interview........
Not Yet
Passport Req..
Not Yet
VISA ISSUED...
Not Yet
LANDED..........
Not Yet
Hi I got a contact of an ex applicant, unfortunately his application got rejected and they have shared a detailed break down on the points scored. FOR BSC and MSC him in India they have considered as it is. only issue if you have obtained it through correspondence or from autonomous institutions. Else its a full score.

gurik

Champion Member
Apr 29, 2016
Category........
Other
krishhmurali said:
Hi I got a contact of an ex applicant, unfortunately his application got rejected and they have shared a detailed break down on the points scored. FOR BSC and MSC him in India they have considered as it is. only issue if you have obtained it through correspondence or from autonomous institutions. Else its a full score.
It is so relaxing to hear this, thanks for posting and do update us when you get your results!! Good luck.

rabeya84

Mar 28, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Montreal
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-07-2014
Doc's Request.
still not
Nomination.....
waiting for that
AOR Received.
October-2014
IELTS Request
Send with Application
File Transfer...
No
Med's Request
waiting for that
Med's Done....
waiting for that
Interview........
waiting for that
Passport Req..
waiting for that
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
krishhmurali said:
Hi

Hi I'm RABEYA from Bangladesh. My educational qualification are as follows,
B.sc. hons chemistry, 4 years, MSc 1year, WES evaluation Bachelor & Master. Up to this OK.
But problem is now it is in zero priority list.

Vanivinay

Jul 27, 2017
Hi

I have done 3 years bsc +Msc 2 years.
Will WES consider it graduation and Master.i have done both as regular courses.

Regards

jedel singh

Jul 1, 2018
Hi

Has your M.Sc (2 Yrs) + 3 Yrs B.Sc from India is equivalent to Bachelors and Master's in CANADA? what was your report as per WES? please let me know as I am going to apply for the same.

jedel singh

Jul 1, 2018
Is MSC in india is equal to master’s in canada? What is report according to WES?