+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

MS or PHD in Canada

Nov 24, 2014
i wish to pursue MS or either PHD in Canada from Fall 2015 session., Please advice me the university and scholarships. i have done MS in Electrical (Communications) Engineering from NUST with CGPA 3.7 and published 1 conference paper. I want to go to Canada either for MS or PHD on Scholarship basis, Tell me the good states unis i can get admission in, and where to apply.

The only reason i am choosing Canada over Germany is of getting PR after 2 years of study there and securing the future in long term as an IMMIGRANT.

Deadlines of most Scholarships are usually dec/jan so i dont have much time. I am tensed. Please seniors and colleagues guide me .. I want to go abroad in 2015 InshAllah.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
You have a higher chance of getting a scholarship with a PhD.

I can't answer your other questions. You will most likely have to research the schools and scholarships yourself.

COSMICPIRATE

Star Member
Oct 21, 2014
You MUST apply for a PhD. Let me explain:

First tell me , are you going to apply for 2nd MS in same field as in same subject? Then it is a big NO from CIC. They will hand you down with a refusal stating reason "Purpose of Visit". Which means they think that your true intentions are not to study but to immigrate or anything else. You have to really understand even though there are good provisions for immigration in Canada, they are not looking for a student or SP candidate who is going to immigrate but rather study and go back home. One of the principal eligibility requirements for SP is such http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/study/study-who.asp. And as soon as you become flagged for such reason you automatically become colored for "Home tie". This just means same as earlier, that you will not come back. Most visas are refused on this ground alone.

Secondly, are you planning to do 2nd MS in different field? How are you going to justify such move? What so dramatic that lead you to such choice? I mean if the fields are similar(field of 1st and 2nd masters) then why you need a 2nd MS? And if they are poles apart what lead you to such drastic decision? In order to back such decision you need elaborate reasons with clear evidences such as years of jobs, traumatic or life changing events, etc. If you cannot present such evidences you won't be able to convince VO. And again you will be handed down with reasons such as "Purpose of Visit" and "Home tie".

So why would you go for such hassle. Choose PhD in your field which is natural for your educational progression as you already have a MS. For SP you MUST make sense in light of your educational past.

For PhD course and funding: Please check individual University, contact the departments and contact the professor.

tariq 54321

Star Member
Jun 3, 2014
Please guide me which program is better in terms of quality and job prospects in the area of business administration??

1- Memorial University Master of Employment Relations (course based program in st john's Newfoundland)
2-University of Northern British Columbia(UNBC) MSc Business Administration. (research intensive program prince George British Columbia) near Vancouver

Nov 24, 2014
Dear COSMICPIRATE.
Actually, if i go to Canada for 2nd MS then ofcourse it will be more specialized field i.e. my current MS from Pakistan is in Electrical (Communications) Engineering. However, after doing 3 years of job in Satellite industry, i feel like i must acquire specialization in SSATELLITE AND SPACE SCIENCES. So, if i will do MS from Canada, it will be in Electrical (Communications) with specialization in Satellite/ Space Sciences.

Secondly, my main dream is do pursue PHD because in that case it will not waste my previous MS. PHD in Electrical (Communications) Engineering with specialization in RF and Microwaves OR WIRELESS Communications OR Satellite Communications is my preferred choice.

But, i dont want to waste 2015. My MS will get completed in December 2014. And so, i want to go to Canada in Fall 2015. For which the deadlines are almost in december. So, in this short period, how to contact professors for PHD? hoe to get in to PHD? any detailed guide and steps to follow? And , if i am able to get MS admission in a low tuition fees university, then also i will go to Canada because it will ultimately help me n getting PR and Immigration later on after completion of MS. This is what i want, IMMIGRATION.

You know, i know everything about Germany, and have got admissons in MS programs in Germany for Fall 2015, in a good ranking university, but if i go to Germany for MS, although it is FREE eudcation, but after completion of MS i have to search for work there, and WAIT for 7 years to get IMMIGRATION :( So, i am preferring Canada over Germany.

Please advice seniors and experts ... Thank you.

Nov 24, 2014
Dear SCYLLA,

That is what i am asking from you all seniors and researchers. How to get a funded PHD in any Canadian university? Any guide? and how much time i have for Fall 2015 intake?

Thanks.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
arsalan.nedian said:
Dear SCYLLA,

That is what i am asking from you all seniors and researchers. How to get a funded PHD in any Canadian university? Any guide? and how much time i have for Fall 2015 intake?

Thanks.
Each university has its own scholarships and process. If this is really important to you, you're going to have to do the research through the university web sites and by contacting them. There are no short cuts. It's going to take work on your part.

tariq 54321

Star Member
Jun 3, 2014
scylla said:
Each university has its own scholarships and process. If this is really important to you, you're going to have to do the research through the university web sites and by contacting them. There are no short cuts. It's going to take work on your part.
Dear scylla can you please comment
which program is better in terms of quality and job prospects in the area of business administration??

1- Memorial University Master of Employment Relations (course based program in st john's Newfoundland)
2-University of Northern British Columbia(UNBC) MSc Business Administration. (research intensive program prince George British Columbia I intend to take marketing Major) near Vancouver

DocRZ

Apr 5, 2013
Visa Office......
Manila (Online)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-04-2013
Med's Request
29-07-2013
Med's Done....
02-08-2013
Passport Req..
08-08-2013
VISA ISSUED...
12-08-2013
LANDED..........
22-08-2013
scylla said:
Totally agree in this one. Getting scholarships is tough. Besides, it is usually research based MS or PhD that are funded. So what you need to do is go have a list of your preferred university, select a program and find a research supervisor. It took me two months to get a research supervisor and another 2 months to get admission. Plus don't get the impression that Permanent Residency is an automatic thing. it's a case to case basis and it doesn't necessary mean that you'll have it once you've finished your PhD or landed a job afterwards. It also varies between provinces. Just a friendly advice, do an extensive research first. Don't rush things if you don't want to get disppointed when things don't go the way you expected..