10-03-2010
Passport Req..
27-06-2010
VISA ISSUED...
12-07-2010
LANDED..........
24-01-2011
Hello Mr Qorax

We landed to canada last year in January and after 6months we shifted back to Dubai as we didnt get job in Canada. For your info when we landed for the first time we declared fund and goods follow list. We got our Sin card,Pr card,health card and we are getting child tax benefit also.

Now we are going back to Canada forever so we have some below queries, pls reply us ASAP

1) how much money we can carry with us?

2) can we bring back all household stuff, electronic items, furniture without paying any tax?

3) do I have to pay any tax on getting income in Dubai?

I would like to inform you that when we landed to Canada first time was our final landing. That time we don't think to go back to Dubai. But we did not find job and meantime I got one year contractual job in dubai so we went to Dubai. Now my contract is getting over and planning to go back to Canada. The household, electronic items what we brought to Canada first time, the same items we brought back to Dubai and now those items we want to bring back to Canada so want to know whether theses items are taxable or not?

please reply ASAP.

thank you

Kunal

jaggy999

Champion Member
Mar 6, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
Dec 2013
1. Any amount, since u have already completed landing procedure.
2. Not sure.
3. No.

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
kunal203 said:
Hello Mr Qorax

We landed to canada last year in January and after 6months we shifted back to Dubai as we didnt get job in Canada. For your info when we landed for the first time we declared fund and goods follow list. We got our Sin card,Pr card,health card and we are getting child tax benefit also.

Now we are going back to Canada forever so we have some below queries, pls reply us ASAP
1) how much money we can carry with us?
2) can we bring back all household stuff, electronic items, furniture without paying any tax?
3) do I have to pay any tax on getting income in Dubai?

I would like to inform you that when we landed to Canada first time was our final landing. That time we don't think to go back to Dubai. But we did not find job and meantime I got one year contractual job in dubai so we went to Dubai. Now my contract is getting over and planning to go back to Canada. The household, electronic items what we brought to Canada first time, the same items we brought back to Dubai and now those items we want to bring back to Canada so want to know whether theses items are taxable or not?

please reply ASAP.

thank you

Kunal
1. Jaggy opined correctly... U can bring-in as much as u can, all tax-free & w/out any hassle/questions.
2. Yes, as long as it's listed in ur B4 u get it inside duty free. If they r not listed - u might be paying.
3. If it's settlement funds - they r tax-free. If u declare them as "income" in ur Annual Tax Filing - every penny becomes taxable.

Qorax

jonaj

Mar 14, 2012
Hi Qorax,
Please i need your advice i want to know if CISA[ CERTIFIED INFORMATION SYSTEM AUDITOR] and CISM is accepted in canada for job hunting.
Thnaks for your help

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
jonaj said:
Hi Qorax,
Please i need your advice i want to know if CISA[ CERTIFIED INFORMATION SYSTEM AUDITOR] and CISM is accepted in canada for job hunting.
Thnaks for your help
Regrets, being not from that field, I wouldn't know.
How about asking it thru a separate thread? In which case, ppl who r aware of it could notice & respond.