7 FEB 2012 RCVD BY OTAWWA ON 24 FEB
Interview........
20 JAN 2012
Passport Req..
16 APRIL 2012 SENT ON 23 APRIL
VISA ISSUED...
visa for family issued on 25 april and for me on 10 may
LANDED..........
We had received our copr but in my sons copr they had made mistake with his passport number.I sent them back his passport and copr along with my wifes passport and copr as they had asked.I received them back today but now they posted photograph of my eldest son instead of his.Will this be an issue.Anyone who has faced such problem please advice

OhCanadiana

VIP Member
Feb 27, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
abedi555 said:
We had received our copr but in my sons copr they had made mistake with his passport number.I sent them back his passport and copr along with my wifes passport and copr as they had asked.I received them back today but now they posted photograph of my eldest son instead of his.Will this be an issue.Anyone who has faced such problem please advice
Send a case specific enquiry to your visa office. This could cause an issue at the border when they compare the photo to your son's likeness in front of them and will also cause an issue with PR card since that is the photo they use to issue the PR Card.

Sorry :( for the additional difficulty.

jnathan

VIP Member
Feb 3, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Sheng Chiu
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21st Jan 2010
Doc's Request.
10th March 2010
AOR Received.
10th June 2010
IELTS Request
provided
File Transfer...
IN PROCESS: 12th October, 2010
Med's Request
Withdrawal Request sent....Was waiting for files to return....instead of returning the files, VO sent the MR !!
Med's Done....
28 May 2012
Passport Req..
24 July 2012
i hope you correctly wrote the names and Date birth behind the photos.
don worry, as long as its their mistake, they'll rectify it

abedi555

Star Member
Feb 21, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
NYVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Med's Request
20 JAN 2012
Med's Done....
Interview........
20 JAN 2012
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
jnathan said:
i hope you correctly wrote the names and Date birth behind the photos.
don worry, as long as its their mistake, they'll rectify it
I received COPR with correct photograph initially but they printed passport number incorrectly.So I had to resend them the passport along with COPR.This time they corrected the passport number but pasted wrong photograph.I have sent them an email hopefully they will reply by Monday morning.

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
abedi555 said:
Hi,

That's a very unfortunate situation. It only suggests that how badly over-logged they r, but darn stupid though. Yes, pls send those COPRs back asap under a cover letter explaining their oversight. Submit fresh pics [two each] with their full particulars written overleaf.

I hope they'd come to their senses then.

Good luck.

Qorax

abedi555

Star Member
Feb 21, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
NYVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Med's Request
20 JAN 2012
Med's Done....
Interview........
20 JAN 2012
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Thank you sir.This is the second time I have to send them.Already first time they made mistake with his passport number and now photograph.I hope this time they will not make any mistake.My son is US Citizen so can this error be rectified at port of entry instead of sending them back.My biggest fear is if they make any more errors.Apart from time it is costing me money too.

OhCanadiana

VIP Member
Feb 27, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
abedi555 said:
Thank you sir.This is the second time I have to send them.Already first time they made mistake with his passport number and now photograph.I hope this time they will not make any mistake.My son is US Citizen so can this error be rectified at port of entry instead of sending them back.My biggest fear is if they make any more errors.Apart from time it is costing me money too.

Unfortunately, this is just a reflection of how terribly busy they are and of all the changes going on in the US VOs right now. I'm not excusing it, just trying to give you added perspective. There's quite a few people struggling with typos on names and addresses also right now.

I would e-mail the VO before sending the COPR back to them, since given the closure of Buffalo and the reorganizing of the North American offices it is not clear if NY can still issue PR visas or if only Detroit and CPP-O are issuing them.

And, then when you mail the CoPR to them send copies of the passports also so they can validate identity of your son as they issue a new CoPR and be very clear so that a super tired person under a lot of stress can figure it out without having to think about it much.

Sorry :( This situation stinks. I hope you resolve it soon!

abedi555

Star Member
Feb 21, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
NYVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Med's Request
20 JAN 2012
Med's Done....
Interview........
20 JAN 2012
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
I sent them back COPR and original passport for correction.I sent them an email and am hoping a response by tommorrow.I understand their stress and also hectic schedule but like I said everytime resending them back is really stressful.

abedi555

Star Member
Feb 21, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
NYVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Med's Request
20 JAN 2012
Med's Done....
Interview........
20 JAN 2012
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
qorax said:
Hi,

That's a very unfortunate situation. It only suggests that how badly over-logged they r, but darn stupid though. Yes, pls send those COPRs back asap under a cover letter explaining their oversight. Submit fresh pics [two each] with their full particulars written overleaf.

I hope they'd come to their senses then.

Good luck.

Qorax

Thank u to everyone who have given their time to my concern.Finally I can enjoy the excitement of receiving my COPR.I received their email today.They have asked me to replace photograph with recent photograph .Just to be on safe side will carry this email with me at the time of landing.

OhCanadiana

VIP Member
Feb 27, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
abedi555 said:
Thank u to everyone who have given their time to my concern.Finally I can enjoy the excitement of receiving my COPR.I received their email today.They have asked me to replace photograph with recent photograph .Just to be on safe side will carry this email with me at the time of landing.
Excellent - glad it worked out :)

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
abedi555 said:
Thanx for the heads-up.