+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

MPNP risk assessment (points deduction)

Omar3

Feb 12, 2020
Hi, currently on work permit in Ontario. I’m planning to move to Manitoba for PNP. My graduation is from Ontario, and worked here when was a student. I get that Manitoba will deduct 100 points for studying in another province, but confused about the work experience. I haven’t worked in Ontario since I got work permit. I’m going to join a factory to arrange my expenses and might work 1 month here in Ontario. My question is how will they deduct the work experience points? Are they going to count working as a student in Ontario, will they cut 100 points if I work in Ontario in work permit for a month? How will they find out if I actually worked in somewhere other than Manitoba ? Please let me know I’m confused. I don’t want to deduct 200 points from my profile, it goes to 615 out of 1000 if there’s a deduction of 200 points. Please enlighten me on the work experience risk assessment….

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hi, currently on work permit in Ontario. I’m planning to move to Manitoba for PNP. My graduation is from Ontario, and worked here when was a student. I get that Manitoba will deduct 100 points for studying in another province, but confused about the work experience. I haven’t worked in Ontario since I got work permit. I’m going to join a factory to arrange my expenses and might work 1 month here in Ontario. My question is how will they deduct the work experience points? Are they going to count working as a student in Ontario, will they cut 100 points if I work in Ontario in work permit for a month? How will they find out if I actually worked in somewhere other than Manitoba ? Please let me know I’m confused. I don’t want to deduct 200 points from my profile, it goes to 615 out of 1000 if there’s a deduction of 200 points. Please enlighten me on the work experience risk assessment….
Any work outside the province is deducted. They will know from your SIN number, CRA information etc. What stream because you need a job offer?

Last edited:

Omar3

Feb 12, 2020
Any work outside the province is deducted. They will know from your SIN number, CRA information etc. What stream because you need a job offer?
Skilled worker Stream. So you’re saying even when I was a student and worked they will deduct the points?

Omar3

Feb 12, 2020
So you have an approved employer or going to look for work? Have you checked the draws? Assume you have close family if you are moving. Call Manitoba PNP and confirm if get points deducted.

https://immigratemanitoba.com/notices/eoi-draw/
I have a distant relative. They will give me a job in trades. But it’s too risky if they deduct 200 points from my EOI. After deducting 100 points for education in other province my point will stand in 715 which is good honestly but if they cut another 100 it’s bad 615 is too risky.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
I have a distant relative. They will give me a job in trades. But it’s too risky if they deduct 200 points from my EOI. After deducting 100 points for education in other province my point will stand in 715 which is good honestly but if they cut another 100 it’s bad 615 is too risky.
Who is this distant relative? Sister? Aunt/uncle? You will want to confirm that no time you worked in Ontario is deducted.

Omar3

Feb 12, 2020
even if you were a student and worked in ontario they'll deduct 100 points.
I finished school in Ontario. It’s obvious that I’ll work in SIN in Ontario …. But it says work experience before graduation doesn’t count …. How is this fair ? Because it’s been four months I got the work permit and I haven’t worked in Ontario