Manitoba123

Feb 13, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
zealotzealot said:
Hi dear
under which stream did you apply?
http://www.immigratemanitoba.com/how-to-immigrate/

I applied under general stream and got temporary file number. But I dont even know when I got that AOR? The next step which people told me is they will interview my sponsor and send me LOA

I still dont understand whether I can switch my application to ONLINE system so it can take much less time as compared to the OLD mailing method.

Can anyone please shed a light on this issue of mine ? thanks.

carl zeiss

Nov 22, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19 Nov 2011
Nomination.....
09 Jan 2012
AOR Received.
24 Apr 2012 CIO
File Transfer...
04 Jul 2012 CEM
Med's Request
29 Sep 2012
Med's Done....
13 Oct 2012
Passport Req..
14 Jan 2013
VISA ISSUED...
30 Jan 2013
LANDED..........
25 Jun 2013
dindin said:
Hello everyone!

I am new here. :) Anyone of you applied for Provincial Nominee Program under General Stream? Is there a way to check the status of my application? I sent my papers to my aunt in Manitoba last February 3, 2012 and she's not giving me any feedback regarding my application. :( Can you give me the time line for the whole processing, from application filed to CIC to stamping of visa? Thanks a lot!
Hi there. Before it takes about two months before you receive an acknowledgement (AOR) from MPNP. Lately it takes up to 4 months before you get an AOR. This might be due to the large amount of applications that MPNP receives. Unfortunately there is nothing you can do at this point but to simply wait for your AOR. After AOR you wait for another 5 to 6 months for sponsor interview. If there will be no problems, LOA is usually issued a week after interview. Regarding the time line from application filed to CIC and visa stamping, we still cannot say since the new process of submitting the documents to CIO in NS started only last December 2011. So far, based on the time line of those who have submitted to CIO, it takes roughly about 2 to 3 months from submission to CIO until the request for medical exams thru the visa office. Hope this helps. Good luck on your application!

carl zeiss

Nov 22, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19 Nov 2011
Nomination.....
09 Jan 2012
AOR Received.
24 Apr 2012 CIO
File Transfer...
04 Jul 2012 CEM
Med's Request
29 Sep 2012
Med's Done....
13 Oct 2012
Passport Req..
14 Jan 2013
VISA ISSUED...
30 Jan 2013
LANDED..........
25 Jun 2013
Manitoba123 said:
I applied under general stream and got temporary file number. But I dont even know when I got that AOR? The next step which people told me is they will interview my sponsor and send me LOA

I still dont understand whether I can switch my application to ONLINE system so it can take much less time as compared to the OLD mailing method.

Can anyone please shed a light on this issue of mine ? thanks.
Hi there. According to the website of Manitoba, general stream applicants cannot submit online. Only the priority streams such as family, strategic initiative and employer direct.

Manitoba123

Feb 13, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I dont understand what is the reason for taking such a long time ? Its been like 3 months when I sent them the required documents after getting a temp file number, I still havent received any reply from them nor my sponsors did..

reinzy

Mar 15, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CEM
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
monstermon said:
That is a a risk if you're thinking positively that you will get your visa with a deadline until Aprl 2014. But as i have said, my personal opinion only is that if you're not worrying about expenses by sending them to school then let the kids enjoy the remaining year in the phils with their classmates.
For example CEM (depends on the clinic) receives your Med report by May and sees no problem in it, they might probably ask you to submit your PP by June.Once you promptly did expect not later than July you will get your Visa.
It is your call, i may not have the best advice but please take that as my personal opinion only. You may also ask new residents in Canada.l Im sure some of them had the same situation before like you.
Hope this helps.
thanks monstermon.. I'm a bit hesitant on not enrolling my son this coming school year as I do not know exactly the time on when our visa will arrive but as I can see in your timeline it went so fast after your medical, I'm thinking positively that we'll have the same timeline as yours, but then God only knows... thank you for your insights :) by the way while waiting for PPR, what should we expect? Is it at this time that the VO is doing the background check? docs? how about the fee that I read in some thread the RPRF? any idea? many thanks and God bless! oh by the way you already received your visa so I assume anytime now your family is ready to go :) God bless!

reinzy

Mar 15, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CEM
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Kata said:
hello canada0923/reinzy/monstermon:

finally, i came across with people who are in the same boat as i am..glad to meet you guyz :) i know we all want to fly by july or august in time for summer break in canada and our kids could start classes by september. the timeline that monstermon indicated here is what i have in mind. what i'm worried about is that other forumers reach up to 1-2 years of waiting for their PPR. i don't understand why? ::) anyway, i also plan NOT to enroll my two children this school year, since I am holding on to my belief that we'll be flying by july/august. good for you canada0923 & reinzy you had your medicals already. I'm still expecting our MR this week. I think if you are prompt in submitting the docs required from you or maybe the payment you need to pay, i believe you'll be in canada in time for their school opening. i certainly hope and pray that in total of 3mos. from now (at most) there'll be a decision made for families like us who would not be enrolling our children anymore! Let's pray hard for God's hands on our application. Keep the faith!
hi kata, I'm still planning to enrol my son though we're also on the last few steps of the application process. I'm thinking positively too and so inspired by you when I read your post :)... hopefully you'll received your MR this week and hope all will go well. Let's keep on posting updates re our timelines.. God bless!

dindin

Star Member
Apr 23, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
MANILA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-07-2013
Nomination.....
13-12-2013
IELTS Request
submitted together with MPNP application
Med's Request
31-07-2014
Med's Done....
04-09-2014 and 19-12-2014
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
17-02-2015
VISA ISSUED...
26-02-2015 RECEIVED: 12-03-2015
LANDED..........
September 2015 :)
carl zeiss said:
Hi there. Before it takes about two months before you receive an acknowledgement (AOR) from MPNP. Lately it takes up to 4 months before you get an AOR. This might be due to the large amount of applications that MPNP receives. Unfortunately there is nothing you can do at this point but to simply wait for your AOR. After AOR you wait for another 5 to 6 months for sponsor interview. If there will be no problems, LOA is usually issued a week after interview. Regarding the time line from application filed to CIC and visa stamping, we still cannot say since the new process of submitting the documents to CIO in NS started only last December 2011. So far, based on the time line of those who have submitted to CIO, it takes roughly about 2 to 3 months from submission to CIO until the request for medical exams thru the visa office. Hope this helps. Good luck on your application!
Thank you very much Carl for very informative response. All I have to do now is to wait for the AOR then everything follows. Thank you again! :D

monstermon

Jul 21, 2011
Philippines
Category........
Visa Office......
CEM
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-04-2010
Nomination.....
03-13-2011
AOR Received.
07-22-2011
IELTS Request
NONE
File Transfer...
NONE
Med's Request
10-17-2011
Med's Done....
11-15-2011
Passport Req..
02-01-2012
VISA ISSUED...
03-01-2012
LANDED..........
07-18-2012
reinzy said:
thanks monstermon.. I'm a bit hesitant on not enrolling my son this coming school year as I do not know exactly the time on when our visa will arrive but as I can see in your timeline it went so fast after your medical, I'm thinking positively that we'll have the same timeline as yours, but then God only knows... thank you for your insights :) by the way while waiting for PPR, what should we expect? Is it at this time that the VO is doing the background check? docs? how about the fee that I read in some thread the RPRF? any idea? many thanks and God bless! oh by the way you already received your visa so I assume anytime now your family is ready to go :) God bless!
Hi Reinzy, if you submitted a very clear (no questions needed) document then the VO is probably checking your medical results(provided no red flag has been raised by the clinic) . For the clinic, I think they wil advise you naman if there are problems but if after 3 weeks , no call from the clinic then you're just waiting for the PPR. As far as the trend goes, i dont think the CEM will do much of the background investigation since they have done it first (most likely) before CEM asked you to do the medicals.
Yes, we have our plane tickets ready for July.

Kata

Mar 20, 2012
reinzy said:
hi kata, I'm still planning to enrol my son though we're also on the last few steps of the application process. I'm thinking positively too and so inspired by you when I read your post :)... hopefully you'll received your MR this week and hope all will go well. Let's keep on posting updates re our timelines.. God bless!
hi reinzy! know what? i'm actually still contemplating on enrolling one of my kids this school year but on a monthly installment basis. and i'd probably let the school know of our plan to migrate anytime. but then, it's still less than a month away and many things can take place. Let's hope for the best! ;)

reinzy

Mar 15, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CEM
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
monstermon said:
Hi Reinzy, if you submitted a very clear (no questions needed) document then the VO is probably checking your medical results(provided no red flag has been raised by the clinic) . For the clinic, I think they wil advise you naman if there are problems but if after 3 weeks , no call from the clinic then you're just waiting for the PPR. As far as the trend goes, i dont think the CEM will do much of the background investigation since they have done it first (most likely) before CEM asked you to do the medicals.
Yes, we have our plane tickets ready for July.
what do you mean red flag? Actually I'm planning to call the clinic to ask if they have forwarded the results to CEM? Do you think that would be a good idea? can they give me infos re our med results? I see, so the CEM was done with the background checking by this time...
can I ask how much did you pay for the landing fee(RPRF) and when did you pay for it? thank you so much :)

Claire Marie

Jan 16, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CEM
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Med's Request
02-01-2012
Med's Done....
21-01-2012
Passport Req..
11-05-2012
To all concerned,

According to my AOR letter

This refers to your application for permanent residence in Canada which was received at this office on
09/16/2011.

We have created a file with the application number indicated above. You must quote this application number in any future correspondence.

Processing time

Applications for permanent residence in Canada in the category that you have applied to require on average 11 months to process at this office. Please do not contact this office unless this time has elapsed and you have received no communications from us.

I'm under General Stream.

Canada0923

Feb 22, 2010
[/quote]

Hi reinzy/kata /Monstermon,
I talk to the school head and I relay to them what our situation, God is good, the school head agreed that I can enrol my children and pay on month-to-month basis, meaning we will be paying only the month/s they actually go to school.

@ Monstermon, many thanks for the advice, actually my husband and I talked about it, and weight what are the best for my children. We come up to ask the school if they can accommodate our request and they agreed and we can enrol them on June when school year start...

Canada0923

Feb 22, 2010
reinzy said:
what do you mean red flag? Actually I'm planning to call the clinic to ask if they have forwarded the results to CEM? Do you think that would be a good idea? can they give me infos re our med results? I see, so the CEM was done with the background checking by this time...
can I ask how much did you pay for the landing fee(RPRF) and when did you pay for it? thank you so much :)

hi monstermon, may i ask when the background check comes in? after medical or before medical is done? i am confused because before medical request sent to us, they ask us to update our NBI and pay for the RPRF. then medical request received after 2 days we submit the updated NBI and MC for the RPRF. According to St. lukes, they already forwarded our medical results last March 30, and until today we haven't receive any feedback from them.

Hi reinzy, we pay 42K for me and my husband as payment for the RPRF. the peso equivalent was indicated on the letter we received. and the embassy already encash the cheque according to the bank last march.

sandeep81

Mar 15, 2012
carl zeiss said:
I submitted my documents last december, 2011, but still i am waiting for AOR....