Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
1st week Aug 2009
Doc's Request.
Nov 2009
AOR Received.
FEB 2010(approval of nomination) 25 JUNE 2010 (landing fee required)
Med's Request
25 November 2010 (dated Nov 8 )
Med's Done....
03 December 2010
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
Feb 02, 2011. 8:24 am (thru email)
VISA ISSUED...
(Visa stamped)Feb 14, 2010 (DM)Feb 22, 2010 (Visa received)Feb 24, 2010
LANDED..........
May (Friday)13, 2011. Thank you LORD! Even Friday the 13th is God's blessing.
100% it will be checked out... hehe.. your travel agent would assumed that your luggage should be only checked out in winnipeg because you have a connecting flight.. that is so true for most connecting flights that you only check out your luggage in your destination, regardless of how many stop overs you had.. However canada is strict.. in point of entry, even citizens here check our their luggage and personally transfer it for check in for domestic flight.. hehe..

kwento, meron hehe.. kakatuwa for me.. for me ha.. naku.. mamya.. bibirit tayo.. kaso pit! pit! busina muna baka may offend.. hehe..

kikay said:
Thanks, pinoy2manitoba for this info. I was told kasi by my travel agent that CX said I can get my luggage na in Winnipeg. I guess I'll just have to inquire at the airport when we check in. Pero sa tingin ko din, sa Vancouver ko kukunin eh because of the immigration interview. There's the possibility kasi na they will open it di ba?

O, wala ka bang makukulay na kwento ngayon? We learn a lot from your experiences, you know.

gjzzzunlayao

Star Member
Mar 18, 2011
Manila
Category........
NOC Code......
6211/1474
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-02-2008
Doc's Request.
20-09-2010
Nomination.....
23-04-2010
AOR Received.
08-10-2010
IELTS Request
n/a
File Transfer...
n/a
Med's Request
04-03-2011
Med's Done....
02-04-2011 / Forwarded to CEM 18-04-2011/spouse 05-05-2011
Interview........
n/a
Passport Req..
03-06-2011/Forwarded to CEM 21-06-2011
VISA ISSUED...
(DM) 05-07-2011/ 19-07-2011
LANDED..........
God gave us a ticket for 17-09-2011
Very well said Pinoy2manitoba... ;D
I like your ideals... So practically true...

controller

Feb 9, 2011
Pinoy2manitoba said:
Hi giselle. For the longest time, I never wanted to be here in Manitoba. I did all the delaying tactics so my papers wont be processed right away.. hehe.. for the convincing part it took years.. and while the paper is being processed i delayed it as much as i could.. If i was given 4 months to submit something i submit it on the 4th month.. ha ha.. that's what happened to me... I was thinking that if my life is good in the philippines, why would i spend the rest of my life in a simple rural-like manitoba?.. hehe... It is only through this forum that somehow stirred my curiosity on what's cooking on filipinos mind, why would they want to migrate to manitoba?... my curiosity led to my conclusion that, I am simply taking for granted something that appears to be a great blessings to others.. That is the time i took manitoba for consideration.. I said to myself that i could always go back to the Philippines if i don't like it here.. that is what my family promised me as well that i could go back to the philippines even just after a month after i get my p.r. card... so the rest is history.. i am now here.. hehe..

But yep, I kinda like it here now.. :) I noticed that life is easier for the blue collar people here.. In my old post, I was talking about the tricycle driver in the philippines who is doing ok here. His salary is a bit more than 3k Canadian dollars a month which is roughly P133,000 pesos. He has his own house and a van.. something that he cannot afford in the philippines. For the white collar people, I guess it might not be that convenient right away for a number of immigrants. They do really end up with odd jobs at first and some never find corporate jobs up to now. (based on my observation with my short stay and series of interview to people here.. hehe.. chismoso kasi haha!!!)

Happiness and success for me is just in our minds. I was happy and i feel that I am successful in the philippines, and I am happy now and intend to be successful here as well, with no pressure on my case however since I don't have kids to feed, unlike in your case... before i share my game plan on how to land on a corporate job here let me just share to you true stories of the people around me first...

One of my sisters, luckily never got to experience "odd jobs" here.. she immediately landed on a corporate job with a big company.. hehe.. The job is simpler compare to what she did before back in pinas, but she is getting good salary as well.. while her husband did work for department stores while studying a bit so he can be a recognized engineer here.. finally the fruit of his labor is here, he is now an engineer after almost 2 years of working in department store/part time waiter and studying a bit... so I can say that their earning is more than the figures that you have quoted in philippine peso.... good for them...

On the other hand, my other sister, who used to be a manager back in pinas, chose a simple life here.. she just works for a department store with her husband, who is a senior manager in bank back there... they are still able to purchase a car.. and live a descent life... it is their choice to live their life as simple as that.. just enjoying the sun, the nature, the simple blessings in this northern place.. And life is good for them.. or maybe that is how they see it.. :)

We are from a big family.. but we still have one brother who is left in pinas.. At one time he didn't have work and had a problem with his tummy that he needed to undergo surgery.. saint lukes charged him quarter a million.. a friend of mine had a business and had this infection in his foot that is giving him fever for weeks.. makati med was able to trace in about a month and finally cure it for around quarter a million as well.. A friend of ours spent millions on battling cancer.. unfortunately she passed away after the last chemotherapy. those thoughts had me thinking as well that my funds for my sickness should be millions as well in the philippines..And specially when i grow old, and no insurance will cover my health because of my age... Here in manitoba, unlike other provinces it is free.. :)

In your case P250k is good money in the philippines.. If you have a fat bank account to cover your retirement and the some unfortunate events(flood, etc.. hopefully not). I think you are good.. A lot of filipinos had made it good and made it great in our homeland.. the land of milk and honey is just really in our minds.. It is just a matter of preference for me, so to speak.. On how you prefer to live your life, the filipino or canadian way.. hehe.. Either way we could be profitable and live great and be blessed.. We might just have to encounter few hurdles along the way..

Just relax, and try to find out what you really want in life.. you are the only one who has the answer to your question.. If you can`t decide, why not take a peek of what`s in here and just leave your other foot in pinas and not resign yet from your job.. however a peek might not be able to give you a better view of what`s instore for you here... :) gulo ba haha...
super like! ;D ;D ;D very well said!!!

hopeful26

May 17, 2011
Philippines
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-05-2010
Doc's Request.
12-20-2010
Hi Everyone!!! :D

I'm kinda new here. Here is my MPNP track:
MPNP application sent: Dec, 2010
Temp File # & Asking for additional Docs: January, 2011
Forwarded Add'l Docs: Feb, 2011
Sponsor Interviewed: June, 2011
I just want to ask what will happen next after the interview of my sponsor. Is there a possibility that I could get a LOA right after?
Does it mean that they have already reviewed my papers prior calling my sponsor or it is the other way around, they will review my papers after calling my sponsor? Sorry I got too many questions! Salamat po!

Hopefully we could all migrate to Canada soon and be official Manitobans! Congratulations to those who are already nominated!
Take care & God Bless!

lormac

Star Member
Jun 7, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi hopeful,
Next step na is the LOA. Wait for 2-3 weeks after the interview and si Mr. Postman ay daladala na ang LOA mo.
Good Luck.... lormac

hopeful26

May 17, 2011
Philippines
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-05-2010
Doc's Request.
12-20-2010
hi lormac!

Thank you. Sana nga mareceive ko un LOA soon. Please pray for me. Thanks! Tc!

giselle

Jun 1, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
CEM
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-02-2011
Nomination.....
10-05-2011
AOR Received.
19-07-2011
Med's Request
15-10-2011
Med's Done....
17-01-2012
Passport Req..
25-02-2012
VISA ISSUED...
20-03-2012
LANDED..........
in God's time
first of, i would like to thank everyone who spent time reading and replying to my post. i super appreciate it folks!

my_angels - yes, we are under the family stream; we have a bunch of relatives already settled there in the last 10 yrs.

peony_1030 - naku, correct, hubby and i have been talking about this since we got the LOA. whatever decision we arrive at, will make sure it's mutual. hindi yung napipilitan lang yung isa or just being lazy to make the call

nielsen - i agree on what you said that this isn't just about money. i know it's a major consideration but there are other more long term factors as well. still continuing to pray.

3hm - good idea din pala ang long leave. though i feel that this decision is a permanent one. i want to leave pinas with my full heart.

pinoy2manitoba - thanks so much for sharing your experiences! i really, really appreciate your efforts. to give you and everyone some more details about me/us, here are some more stories. just like you, we delayed the lodging of the first package for the nomination. to the point that it took us 2 years to complete requirements and eventually filed it in Feb this year. we are in our early 30s, no kids yet. we have nice jobs, good pay, good benefits, top of the line health insurance, etc. before the idea of Manitoba, we are set to retire in our jobs and settle in pinas. we have house already, cars, investments, etc.

last year, the priest who blessed our house gave us advice - canada first, then kids. the priest is a canadian citizen. your stories pinoy2manitoba on health insurance, reminded me of the things he said. he said, whatever money you have right now, whatever health insurance your company provides, with the costs of medicines, surgery, etc. these days, they can easily be wiped out! he said that with conviction! i was tulala after, cause for the longest time, kami ni hubby, have been complacent - with our jobs, our money, our lifestyle. feeling namin, we can get what we want, buy, buy, buy. because we feel we're secured. not until we had this conversation with the priest. so parang wake up call, the week after we started preparing the papers. sabi kasi it'll take at least 2 years din naman.

and another goal in deciding to apply, is that we want a change in lifestyle. a simpler one. and i feel that manitoba is a good place for the change we're looking for. my husband for sure he can live a simple life, he is a simple guy/person already. i'm worried about me. it's easy to say i want a simple life, who doesn't? i know i want to. but i'm afraid about:

(1) doing odd jobs
(2) missing my corporate life, as i have been an achiever all my life since school days pa nga
(3) may not be able to afford my "luho", you know, the fine things in life
(4) missing my parents and siblings (my dad already mid-70s)

i think those are the major ones. the only thing that makes me confident about immigrating is that i am with my husband. so iniisip ko lang, whatever happens we have each other. and another plus factor is, unlike most relatives, we're going there not to prove something or accomplish something. so right now, the goal really is lifestyle change.

hubby has been throwing questions to me lately. i think he's been trying to test if i am really up for it 100%. our package for CEM is ready. probably will arrange the bank draft next week and hopefully get it out. will continue to pray for guidance. will continue to read this forum as the moral support you guys give to each other is remarkable.

thank you and god bless us all!

sset12

May 3, 2011
Dubai, UAE
Category........
Visa Office......
ADVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
Oct 14, 2011 - MPNP
AOR Received.
Jan 26, 2012 - CIO via email
File Transfer...
Apr 04, 2012 - LVO to ADVO / Jun 18, 2012 - AOR ADVO
Med's Request
Jul 22, 2012 - ADVO
Med's Done....
Jul 31, 2012 MR done / Aug 06, 2012 received at LVO
Passport Req..
Sep 03, 2012 / Decision Made: Sep 13,2012
VISA ISSUED...
Sep 25, 2012
LANDED..........
Mar 24, 2013 - God is great!
@pinoy2manitoba: I really love your stories and your insights are very helpful...i hope you can still find time to share more ;)

@giselle: somehow nakaka-relate ako sa yo, we have lots of things in common, no kids too. Lifestyle change is also one of the reaons kung bakit gusto namin mag immigrate sa Manitoba and most importantly yung long term benefits...the simple /decent life that we can get there and the retirement benefits. there would be a lot of sacrifices for sure however the best thing i can say is just follow your heart's desire.My husband and I came here in Dubai @ 2005 and we have no friends or relatives here back then, like what you said, nung pumunta kami dito, the only thing on my mind is that "no matter what happens, we have each other"... and we survived! we got a good job, can buy and get what we want, and travelled a lot too. But yes we came to the point, woke up one day and realize that these things are just temporary, and this place isn't a good place to live if we want an ideal "simple" life. kaya nga natin sinabing "wake up call" kasi subconsciously there is something that we must/want to "change" or "improve" in our life, not just our own life, but for our family too[naiisip ko din kasi yung mga pamangkin ko na pede kong matulungan someday]... this is just my opinion, considering the political situation and the sickening poverty in pinas, i think even if you have plenty of money and have a nice job, it's still very depressing to live there...[oops i love pinas so much[masasabi mo to especially if you have seen India] it's just that it's not an ideal place for me too]
Another thing is, life is short and opportunity sometimes knocks only once so you better grab it :)

giselle said:
first of, i would like to thank everyone who spent time reading and replying to my post. i super appreciate it folks!

my_angels - yes, we are under the family stream; we have a bunch of relatives already settled there in the last 10 yrs.

peony_1030 - naku, correct, hubby and i have been talking about this since we got the LOA. whatever decision we arrive at, will make sure it's mutual. hindi yung napipilitan lang yung isa or just being lazy to make the call

nielsen - i agree on what you said that this isn't just about money. i know it's a major consideration but there are other more long term factors as well. still continuing to pray.

3hm - good idea din pala ang long leave. though i feel that this decision is a permanent one. i want to leave pinas with my full heart.

pinoy2manitoba - thanks so much for sharing your experiences! i really, really appreciate your efforts. to give you and everyone some more details about me/us, here are some more stories. just like you, we delayed the lodging of the first package for the nomination. to the point that it took us 2 years to complete requirements and eventually filed it in Feb this year. we are in our early 30s, no kids yet. we have nice jobs, good pay, good benefits, top of the line health insurance, etc. before the idea of Manitoba, we are set to retire in our jobs and settle in pinas. we have house already, cars, investments, etc.

last year, the priest who blessed our house gave us advice - canada first, then kids. the priest is a canadian citizen. your stories pinoy2manitoba on health insurance, reminded me of the things he said. he said, whatever money you have right now, whatever health insurance your company provides, with the costs of medicines, surgery, etc. these days, they can easily be wiped out! he said that with conviction! i was tulala after, cause for the longest time, kami ni hubby, have been complacent - with our jobs, our money, our lifestyle. feeling namin, we can get what we want, buy, buy, buy. because we feel we're secured. not until we had this conversation with the priest. so parang wake up call, the week after we started preparing the papers. sabi kasi it'll take at least 2 years din naman.

and another goal in deciding to apply, is that we want a change in lifestyle. a simpler one. and i feel that manitoba is a good place for the change we're looking for. my husband for sure he can live a simple life, he is a simple guy/person already. i'm worried about me. it's easy to say i want a simple life, who doesn't? i know i want to. but i'm afraid about:

(1) doing odd jobs
(2) missing my corporate life, as i have been an achiever all my life since school days pa nga
(3) may not be able to afford my "luho", you know, the fine things in life
(4) missing my parents and siblings (my dad already mid-70s)

i think those are the major ones. the only thing that makes me confident about immigrating is that i am with my husband. so iniisip ko lang, whatever happens we have each other. and another plus factor is, unlike most relatives, we're going there not to prove something or accomplish something. so right now, the goal really is lifestyle change.

hubby has been throwing questions to me lately. i think he's been trying to test if i am really up for it 100%. our package for CEM is ready. probably will arrange the bank draft next week and hopefully get it out. will continue to pray for guidance. will continue to read this forum as the moral support you guys give to each other is remarkable.

thank you and god bless us all!

Ate Olive

Oct 19, 2010
Thanks pinoy2manitoba! parang gusto ko nang magpalit ng name... pinay2alberta naman hehehe... ang galing galing mo! thanks for all your sharings... til the next episode ha... God bless you pare!

Ate Olive

Oct 19, 2010
Giselle, tama ka... we need to pray and ask for guidance. we'll always pray for you and for everyone here. maya mass uli... at 12... for manitoba bm pa rin ang one of my intentions...

God bless... Remember: God is good all the time!

bechay24

Star Member
Dec 14, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi, mga ka-BMs... Just want to share that I received just now my much-awaited MR.........Yehey, mga ka timeline, parating na rin sa inyo.

@newbeginning1 - saan po kayo nagpa medical? Davao po ba? Saan po na DMP? Thanks sa pagsagot.

lormac

Star Member
Jun 7, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi Giselle,
First of all, want to inform you na I am not the principal applicant dito. Ako lang ang representative ng mga anak ko sa forum na ito kasi halos wala silang time dahil sa busy sa work. I only relay to them all the updates ng mga forumers.
If it is God's will na matuloy kayo yan ang talagang destiny nyo. I can share with you my experiences about my plans of migrating or working either US or Canada. I have the big opportunity to work in World Bank way back late 80's kasi kinukuha ako ng dati kong boss sa Asian Dev. Bank and the change of status from tourist to working will be processed na by WB. That time, its very easy to apply in WB if you're from ADB. But when I applied for a tourist visa, I was denied. Ang reason? I have a baby daw. Ang babaw di ba? Pero yong officemate ko na kasabay ko sa interview nabigyan. After a year, I applied directly sa Canadian Emb, pero disapprove application ko kasi I don't have enough money daw. Hindi na ko umulit. Early 90's, I was hired in Taiwan to work as English secretary ng isang govt agency nila (like DPWH dito). Ang bilis ng processing that means doon ako talaga. Then after 3 years, I decided not to renew my contract na sa Taiwan kasi - heto na naman ako - ang desire ko again to work sa WB because andon na halos lahat ng barkada ko sa ADB. Pero I think there's no blessing from God kaya di ako natuloy. Ang reason? From Taiwan I was hired na to be an EA ng isang malaking Taiwanese commercial bank that was granted by BSP na mag operate sa Pinas. But right now, resigned na din ako don. I am still in Pinas working sa isang malaking company. Again bumalik ulit ang kahibangan ko to migrate sa US ang problema nag 9-11 naman bago ko lumipad. After 2 years balik US ako and arranged na lahat, may employer na mag aayos ng working visa ko. Ang naging problem naman this time? I was granted only 1 month stay ng immigration. One month is not enough to change my status kahit pa ma extend ako ng another 2 months. Ayoko namang ma out of status kaya balik pinas ako. After a year nag tour ulit ako sa US, this time, na grant kami ng 6 months stay kasama mga anak ko. But sorry, that time wala n akong balak mag migrate sa kanila.
Siguro pang tourist lang ako sa US and Canada kasi never akong na deny ng tourist visa after I decided to stop my kahibangan to migrate. That only means na kung saan ka destined don ka talaga no matter what.

Ashleen

Jun 9, 2011
Hello Everyone
I am new in this forum. I really need help here. Please help me. I want to apply for monitoba under general stream. I score 55 points according to their website point calculation. I have two friends in Manitoba but my
Brother lives in Alberta right now but he is going to move to Wnnipeg very soon. Does this effect on my application? What to I do? Do I have wait for him till he move to Winnipeg then I apply or something else?
Please suggest me....