AOR Received.
29-04-2016
Med's Request
31-08-2016
Med's Done....
02-09-2016
ayman74 said:
Hello everybody :)

Well based on my successful Exploratory Visit last month and my EOI, I have received LAA based on the latest draw #17 from MPNP and right now I'm filling in my application.

I have a question, will my application carry on to the Express Entry once nominated? or How does it work?
On what bases does an MPNM Application go on to CIC Express Entry and not through the paper-based procedures?

Thanks a lot.
Hey I am not 100% sure but if you qualify for one of the streams of express entry and use your express entry profile number and code while filling for EOI mpnp can give you the nomination in the express entry sub stream. But there are only limited number (500) quota for express entry so you might have to do paper application after all. If you have already recieved LAA I am afraid you might have to do paper app.

Saj123

Star Member
Mar 24, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Nova scotia/ ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-03-2016
AOR Received.
29-04-2016
Med's Request
31-08-2016
Med's Done....
02-09-2016
uarif92 said:
Alright.

This is an amazing thread and I'm hopeful I'll get replies to my questions here.

I had a bunch of questions about EOI/MPNP applications and I'd also like to be added to the Whatsapp chat group. Not sure who to ask for that?

1) What are the requirements for the employer to file for an EOI? I got hired for a registered business in Winnipeg, but they're a new local business and are paying me minimum wage ($11/hr).

2) How long is the processing time for an EOI to be accepted? After my 6 months of work experience, I reckon I have about 720 points which are hopefully enough to earn an EOI.

3) How long is the processing time for the MPNP application?

4) Would I still need to be working at my current job after applying for MPNP or can I change my jobs after filling in the application?

5) What if my post-graduate work permit expires and I'm still waiting for the LAA? What could happen in such a scenario? I know I could get extension on my open work permit if I have applied for MPNP, but this would be different I guess?

Thank you kindly. I'd appreciate if someone can reply back to my questions at the earliest. As well, if there are any people who have filed for their EOIs or MPNP applications and are in Winnipeg, I'd be grateful if we could meet over for a coffee to discuss these topics.

Have a good day people.
Answers
2-3 after Filling EOI if you have enough points(720) enough at the moment. You would get LAA in the next draw. (Everymonth). The processing time for MpNp for inland 2-6 months

You could extend your post graduate work permit for 1 year.

4) don't know

1) don't know the process for employer to file EOI . I thought it was down to the apllicant

Saj123

Star Member
Mar 24, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Nova scotia/ ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-03-2016
AOR Received.
29-04-2016
Med's Request
31-08-2016
Med's Done....
02-09-2016
any recent inland applicant who recieved nomination. Processing time?

gmalh12

Jan 12, 2016
This is with regards to Settlement Funds for MPNP.

1)As per the information stated in a website, all applicants should have C$10,000 plus C$2,000 for spouse and each accompanying dependant.

In my case, we would 3 people, spouse and a 5-year kid ( $10000+$2000+$2000)

My question- Please confirm if I need to showcase the statements for $14000?

2) Submit copies of bank statements and certificates of deposit demonstrating a clear financial history of sufficient and transferable settlement funds (liquid assets) in your name and/or the name of your spouse or common-law partner, and, if applicable:
copies of securities and other investments
proof of ownership of real estate including a current market price evaluation, or other assets (not including personal items such as jewelry, furniture or vehicles) owned by the applicant or spouse, with objective fair market value evaluation

My question- 1) Please advise the minimum duration and period for which the bank records are considered?
2) Can we submit the statements of Gifted Funds from our mother/father?
3) Apart from bank statements, Can we submit following documents?
Employee Provident fund statement from designated authority
Provident fund statement from a Government Bank
Mutual Funds
LIC ( investments, life cooperation of India)
FDs

Please, advice on the above queries that would help us in taking the correct steps.

Thanks

Ayokunlex01

Champion Member
Feb 20, 2015
BOSTON; MASSACHUSETTS
Visa Office......
Accra Ghana
NOC Code......
2241 Electrical Engineer
ayman74 said:

Well based on my successful Exploratory Visit last month and my EOI, I have received LAA based on the latest draw #17 from MPNP and right now I'm filling in my application.

I have a question, will my application carry on to the Express Entry once nominated? or How does it work?
On what bases does an MPNM Application go on to CIC Express Entry and not through the paper-based procedures?

Thanks a lot.

well very few nominated applicants are allowed to apply for express entry, during our own time 2014 i heared that the first 200 nominated applicants were alowed to do that, may be they have increased that now or changed the rules, but most nominated applicants are not alowed to pass through express entry, they make use of paper application

Ayokunlex01

Champion Member
Feb 20, 2015
BOSTON; MASSACHUSETTS
Visa Office......
Accra Ghana
NOC Code......
2241 Electrical Engineer
gmalh12 said:

1)As per the information stated in a website, all applicants should have C$10,000 plus C$2,000 for spouse and each accompanying dependant.

2) Submit copies of bank statements and certificates of deposit demonstrating a clear financial history of sufficient and transferable settlement funds (liquid assets) in your name and/or the name of your spouse or common-law partner, and, if applicable:
proof of ownership of real estate including a current market price evaluation, or other assets (not including personal items such as jewelry, furniture or vehicles) owned by the applicant or spouse, with objective fair market value evaluation

My question- 1) Please advise the minimum duration and period for which the bank records are considered?
Mutual Funds
FDs

Please, advice on the above queries that would help us in taking the correct steps.

Thanks

Ayokunlex01

Champion Member
Feb 20, 2015
BOSTON; MASSACHUSETTS
Visa Office......
Accra Ghana
NOC Code......
2241 Electrical Engineer
gmalh12 said:

Mutual Funds
FDs

Thanks

the duration is 6 month, you are to print 6 months statement of account, well for that your question 2 and 3, what they want to see is your statement of account showing that you have that CAD$14000 in your accounts, anyway you can include 2 and 3 u just be ready to answer questions during interview with MPNP staff

imgoingtocanada

Jul 5, 2015
ayman74 said:

Thanks a lot.

hi,

congratulations! a few questions regarding exploratory visit? as i may have to apply for it next year since my only connection to manitoba is through a friend, and my points are not enough to be invited. what did you do during your exploratory visit? were you able to get a job offer? did they interview you? any tips on their questions? from what country are you?

thanks

Ayokunlex01

Champion Member
Feb 20, 2015
BOSTON; MASSACHUSETTS
Visa Office......
Accra Ghana
NOC Code......
2241 Electrical Engineer
imgoingtocanada said:
hi,

congratulations! a few questions regarding exploratory visit? as i may have to apply for it next year since my only connection to manitoba is through a friend, and my points are not enough to be invited. what did you do during your exploratory visit? were you able to get a job offer? did they interview you? any tips on their questions? from what country are you?

thanks

[size=16pt]

click here, u will see what exploratory is all about

EXPLORATORY VISIT

K.PURI

Apr 18, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I have applied for my student visa and have enrolled myself in a one year PGD Project Management course at University of Winnipeg, Manitoba. I am thinking about what to do after my course. If I should continue studying for another year - get a three year Post Graduation Work Permit and during this work visa apply for PR (after securing a job). OR finish my one year course at the University of Winnipeg, apply for PGWP directly after graduation and during one year get a job and apply for PR (possible through MPNP).

Each of the option has its PROS and CONS

- First option - 1 year study + 1 year study + 3 year PGWP = PR
PROs -
1) Long base (5 years) for PR & guarantees my stay for 5 years.
2) Getting to know the province.
3) Chance to settle in life in 5 year long period.

CONs -
1) Tied up for a longer period in anticipation of PR.
2) Expensive study for another year - approx- $20000

- Second option - 1 year study + 1 year PGWP = PR (through MPNP)
PROs-
1) Less time to get PR
2) Saving atleast $20000 on education - which is a big amount.

CONs
1) Uncertainty of getting a job in a short period of 1 year (PGWP)

I need help to make a decision. I am aware that situations might change, its not feasible to be so certain in future planning but I want to give my try to get PR a definite direction.

ayman74

Nov 25, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Ayokunlex01 said:
well very few nominated applicants are allowed to apply for express entry, during our own time 2014 i heared that the first 200 nominated applicants were alowed to do that, may be they have increased that now or changed the rules, but most nominated applicants are not alowed to pass through express entry, they make use of paper application

Thanks a lot for your answer. I was hoping for a faster timeframe with the Express Entry.
However, let's see how it goes.
Thanks again! :)

ayman74

Nov 25, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
imgoingtocanada said:
hi,

thanks
Thanks a lot .

Well, I stayed in Winnipeg for 2 weeks, from 3/5/2016 to 17/5/2016. It was great. I had many interviews with companies in my line of work (Web Design). I also looked for schools for my kids, housing opportunities, cost of living, ...etc.

I wasn't able to get a job offer. However once nominated you'd be eligible to work at the province which nominated you without a Labour Market Impact Assessment (LMIA).

Yes I was interviewed by MPNP officer. The interview was fun, and lasted for almost an hour.
Questions were more like, what my IELTS score was, if I had any connections to any other province, what I was doing during the visit, who I had met, ...etc.

Later on I received an approval email with a code to enter at my EOI, then received LAA with the latest draw. Application submitted a couple of days ago.