+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

MPNP Application Batch 2014

Tuhin_Ashraf

Star Member
Apr 30, 2014
Druce said:
Good day Tuhin,

I applied online, family stream. The way you converted from Taka to C$ (Canadian Dollar) seems to be fine. I also did the same with ZAR (South African Rand) to C$. The exchange rate however will keep on changing and I believe they will review this when assessing you application and redo the math calculation from Taka to C$ or ZAR to C$ in my case. If you would be short on the C$10 000.00 by that time they will request new statements of you financial statements.

Hope this answers your question buddy.
Thank you

Tuhin_Ashraf

Star Member
Apr 30, 2014
LemonLuv said:
Our funds are also in our country's currency which is Philippine Peso (Php), we also have converted it in CAD, but what we did is we put a little margin in the conversion, say that time CAD1.00 is around Php40.00, we converted our fund in CAD1.00 = Php41.00.

Hope this helps.
Thank you.

Ms. Ley

Star Member
Sep 15, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
Gods perfect timing..
LemonLuv said:
Our funds are also in our country's currency which is Philippine Peso (Php), we also have converted it in CAD, but what we did is we put a little margin in the conversion, say that time CAD1.00 is around Php40.00, we converted our fund in CAD1.00 = Php41.00.

Hope this helps.

LemonLuv
Einna

Can we use the SF after we have received the loa? Or Should it Stay in the bank ? Anyone has an idea guys?

Einna

Jun 8, 2014
Qatar
Category........
Visa Office......
ADVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-06-2013
Doc's Request.
08-06-2013
Nomination.....
28-02-2014 (MPNP)
AOR Received.
04-04-2014 (CIO)
IELTS Request
Not required - NOC B
File Transfer...
18-09-2014 (received confirmation from VO)
Med's Request
28-04-2015
Med's Done....
10-05-2015
Interview........
None
Passport Req..
July 26, 2015
VISA ISSUED...
October 5, 2015
LANDED..........
April 2016 Godwilling
Ms. Ley said:
LemonLuv
Einna

Can we use the SF after we have received the loa? Or Should it Stay in the bank ? Anyone has an idea guys?
Hi Ms. Ley:

You can use it but it would be best to replenish it back to the account after some time. Some of our forum mates were requested to send an updated bank statement. Eventually, once you have your PR, you are going to need the SF when you migrate to MB. It would not hurt to save some more money before you migrate.

My friend in MB suggested that I save money for my immigration and have more than the recommended amount, so that I have a buffer fund just in case I can't immediately find a job that suits me when I land. She also knows that I'm planning to rent my apartment - this will require 12 months of rental fee since I'm a new migrant without a job or credit history in MB. Approx. rent per month for a 1 bedroom apartment (CAD 800-1300 per month depending of the model of apartment); I need at least an additional CAD 12,000 for the mid range apartment rent.

Ms. Ley

Star Member
Sep 15, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
Gods perfect timing..
Einna said:
Hi Ms. Ley:

You can use it but it would be best to replenish it back to the account after some time. Some of our forum mates were requested to send an updated bank statement. Eventually, once you have your PR, you are going to need the SF when you migrate to MB. It would not hurt to save some more money before you migrate.

My friend in MB suggested that I save money for my immigration and have more than the recommended amount, so that I have a buffer fund just in case I can't immediately find a job that suits me when I land. She also knows that I'm planning to rent my apartment - this will require 12 months of rental fee since I'm a new migrant without a job or credit history in MB. Approx. rent per month for a 1 bedroom apartment (CAD 800-1300 per month depending of the model of apartment); I need at least an additional CAD 12,000 for the mid range apartment rent.

@Einna,

Clarification lang my friend, an additional of CAD12k? (Assuming only 1applicnt) Which means we should have CAD 22k .Are we allowed to bring that much? im afraid They might be suspicious regarding it. ;)
But yes your right it wont hurt to save some more.. Im just being impulsive sometimes. Specially now adays, ang daming sale!! :p :p :D

Einna

Jun 8, 2014
Qatar
Category........
Visa Office......
ADVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-06-2013
Doc's Request.
08-06-2013
Nomination.....
28-02-2014 (MPNP)
AOR Received.
04-04-2014 (CIO)
IELTS Request
Not required - NOC B
File Transfer...
Med's Request
28-04-2015
Med's Done....
10-05-2015
Interview........
None
Passport Req..
July 26, 2015
VISA ISSUED...
October 5, 2015
LANDED..........
April 2016 Godwilling
Ms. Ley:

The additional 12K CAD is for my apartment rental fee for 1 year - That's just my calculation since I wanted to have a place of my own.
I can stay with my friend but it is not comfortable - it's sort of uneasy for me because I have a kid and he can be really loud sometimes ;) Not to mention my hubby is anti-social ha ha ha ;D But seriously he is a very private person so he won't feel at ease if we do not have our own place.

I also need a car... maybe second hand will do since I do not have a job yet (new migrant), no bank will give me a car loan, no credit card yet - so it would be best to have some extra cash.

For single applicant, that would be too much ;) You are right. Single applicant does not need that much and you can stay with your supporter while you look for a job.
;D Case to case basis.

newmanitoban

Apr 28, 2013
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Dec 13
Doc's Request.
Jul 14
AOR Received.
Jan 14
IELTS Request
Submitted
File Transfer...
Feb 14
Med's Request
Sep 14
Med's Done....
Sep 14
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Oct 14
VISA ISSUED...
Dec 14
LANDED..........
March 15
Einna said:
Ms. Ley:

The additional 12K CAD is for my apartment rental fee for 1 year - That's just my calculation since I wanted to have a place of my own.
I can stay with my friend but it is not comfortable - it's sort of uneasy for me because I have a kid and he can be really loud sometimes ;) Not to mention my hubby is anti-social ha ha ha ;D But seriously he is a very private person so he won't feel at ease if we do not have our own place.

I also need a car... maybe second hand will do since I do not have a job yet (new migrant), no bank will give me a car loan, no credit card yet - so it would be best to have some extra cash.

For single applicant, that would be too much ;) You are right. Single applicant does not need that much and you can stay with your supporter while you look for a job.
;D Case to case basis.
Very nice description from you .
I appreciate that.

Regards

Ms. Ley

Star Member
Sep 15, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
Gods perfect timing..
Einna said:
Ms. Ley:

;D Case to case basis.

@ Einna,
Got your point! Thanks for sharing einna.. . I think i should consider that also.. :-* :p

Einna

Jun 8, 2014
Qatar
Category........
Visa Office......
ADVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-06-2013
Doc's Request.
08-06-2013
Nomination.....
28-02-2014 (MPNP)
AOR Received.
04-04-2014 (CIO)
IELTS Request
Not required - NOC B
File Transfer...
Med's Request
28-04-2015
Med's Done....
10-05-2015
Interview........
None
Passport Req..
July 26, 2015
VISA ISSUED...
October 5, 2015
LANDED..........
April 2016 Godwilling
newmanitoban said:
Very nice description from you .
I appreciate that.

Regards
Thanks newmanitoban ;D
Might as well plan while we wait for our PR ;)

Gurus0018

Sep 24, 2013
hi

i was applied application in mpnp and submitted Ielts result with the file and AOR received.

My Ielts score is given below :
Listening : 6
Speaking : 5.5
Writing : 4.5
Reading : 5
Overall Band : 5.5

In my application i mentioned my Occupation as Insurance Claims Investigator (which is fall under NOC Code 1312, Skill Level B) and Intended Job column mentioned - any suitable job.

My question is whether MPNP the assess the application on the basis of Ielts score or on the CLB points basis and my aforesaid Ielts score is sufficient according to the requirement or not?

i am worried about the same.

Please reply respected seniors and experts
thanxs

Einna

Jun 8, 2014
Qatar
Category........
Visa Office......
ADVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-06-2013
Doc's Request.
08-06-2013
Nomination.....
28-02-2014 (MPNP)
AOR Received.
04-04-2014 (CIO)
IELTS Request
Not required - NOC B
File Transfer...
Med's Request
28-04-2015
Med's Done....
10-05-2015
Interview........
None
Passport Req..
July 26, 2015
VISA ISSUED...
October 5, 2015
LANDED..........
April 2016 Godwilling
Gurus0018 said:
hi

i was applied application in mpnp and submitted Ielts result with the file and AOR received.

My Ielts score is given below :
Listening : 6
Speaking : 5.5
Writing : 4.5
Reading : 5
Overall Band : 5.5

In my application i mentioned my Occupation as Insurance Claims Investigator (which is fall under NOC Code 1312, Skill Level B) and Intended Job column mentioned - any suitable job.

My question is whether MPNP the assess the application on the basis of Ielts score or on the CLB points basis and my aforesaid Ielts score is sufficient according to the requirement or not?

i am worried about the same.

Please reply respected seniors and experts
thanxs
Hi Gurus:

It is mentioned in the MPNP website.

•Applicants are assessed language points for their “CLB” (Canadian language benchmark) score, which we determine from your test results according to our CLB Grid.

ref. http://www.immigratemanitoba.com/apply-to-mpnp/documents/

LemonLuv

Sep 26, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
NOC Code......
224*, 217*, 213*
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
(MPNP) October 16, 2013; (CIC) September 06, 2014; recvd by cic Sep 12,2014
Nomination.....
July 31, 2014
AOR Received.
(MPNP) October 17, 2013; (CIC) December 05, 2014
Med's Request
Jan 15, 2015; (with RPRF)
Med's Done....
Jan 30, 2015; paid RPRF Jan 21, 2015
Interview........
19-07-2014 (MPNP Sponsor's Interview)
Passport Req..
Mar 3, 2015
VISA ISSUED...
visa issued Mar 13,2015; visa received Mar 28, 2015
LANDED..........
June 10, 2015
for miss ley on using the sf

LemonLuv said:
You can do that Miss Ley. Just be sure that you have that amount (or more) with you in case CIC asks for it (which rarely happens). We used our bank deposit in paying for our processing fee, we'll just replenish the amount later.

By the way, please use English when we are in this forum so that non-Filipino members can also understand and may get ideas out of our conversation :)
on bringing a large amount of money, you dont have to bring all of them with you on your 1st landing. you may bring and declare them in the form of stocks certificates, bank statements, etc and you will just have to tell the immigration officer that you will wire them later.

Ms. Ley

Star Member
Sep 15, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
Gods perfect timing..
LemonLuv said:
for miss ley on using the sf

on bringing a large amount of money, you dont have to bring all of them with you on your 1st landing. you may bring and declare them in the form of stocks certificates, bank statements, etc and you will just have to tell the immigration officer that you will wire them later.

@LemonLuv

i remembered when we went to australia with a frnd few yrs. ago, she brought a large amount of money. This really became an issue at the immigration. She was even called for an investigation and requested for a supporting documents where does the money came from..

That is why i asked my agent about it to clear up my mind. She said we are only allowed to brng a max. of 10k Cad, the rest could be in A form of draft. :D

#just sharing

warblade25

Sep 6, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
2014 / 02 / 09
Doc's Request.
2014 / 03 / 07 SP2
AOR Received.
2014 / 02 / 18
Hi Ley,

I think the allowable amount of money that can be brought out of the country(Philippines) is around US$10K per person. As for Canada, there is no law that erstricts the amount of money you will bring in, as long as you declare it with the border services officer you may check the url below for more info. Thank you.

http://www.cbsa-asfc.gc.ca/publications/pub/bsf5052-eng.html

Ms. Ley said:
@ LemonLuv

i remembered when we went to australia with a frnd few yrs. ago, she brought a large amount of money. This really became an issue at the immigration. She was even called for an investigation and requested for a supporting documents where does the money came from..

That is why i asked my agent about it to clear up my mind. She said we are only allowed to brng a max. of 10k Cad, the rest could be in A form of draft. :D

#just sharing

Ms. Ley

Star Member
Sep 15, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
Gods perfect timing..
warblade25 said:
Hi Ley,

I think the allowable amount of money that can be brought out of the country(Philippines) is around US$10K per person. As for Canada, there is no law that erstricts the amount of money you will bring in, as long as you declare it with the border services officer you may check the url below for more info. Thank you.

http://www.cbsa-asfc.gc.ca/publications/pub/bsf5052-eng.html
Tnx for d info warblade :)