+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

MPNP and Express Entry

lexi77

Nov 11, 2018
I recently received Letter of Advice for Manitoba - Skilled Worker in response to an EOI that I completed. Can I now create an express entry profile indicating my receipt of a PNP which will add 600 points to an express entry profile? I am thinking of doing this to obtain a high EE score for faster processing.

Last edited:

NicolasHenri

Star Member
Apr 16, 2018
I recently received Letter of Advice for Manitoba - Skilled Worker in response to an EOI that I completed. Can I now create an express entry profile indicating my receipt of a PNP which will add 600 points to an express entry profile? I am thinking of doing this to obtain a high EE score for faster processing.
wait until you get the MPNP certificate before you claim it in your EE, EE draw is every two weeks while your MPNP certificate will take at least two months ( as per my experience) from the time you submit all your documents.
All the best.

Reactions: shubhamtapadar

Akunms

Dec 9, 2018
Please does anyone has a reason why Manitoba hasn't held draws for EE pathway since July.
The 54th draw held last week witnessed some EE candidates taken in and is that going to be d trend going forward

h1123

Star Member
Jan 6, 2018
Please does anyone has a reason why Manitoba hasn't held draws for EE pathway since July.
The 54th draw held last week witnessed some EE candidates taken in and is that going to be d trend going forward

are you sure ?? i saw on the results that EE draws are still taking place... please confirm and let me know

JayJay1998

Star Member
Oct 13, 2018
I think MPNP wants to bring people to their regional areas not in Winnipeg as qualifying scores can't be achieved without adding 50 points if the sponsor is in regional area. So now sponsors will have to move to out of Winnipeg.

h1123

Star Member
Jan 6, 2018

Please tell me if Express entry draws are taking place or not ?

It's not even mention whether draws are human capital or express entry?

Why everyone keep saying that the last draw took place in July this year ?

What is going on?

I'm a newbie

JayJay1998

Star Member
Oct 13, 2018
SKILLED WORKERS OVERSEAS
  • Number of Letters of Advice to Apply issued: 62 who were invited directly by the MPNP under a Strategic Recruitment Initiative
  • Ranking score of lowest-ranked candidate invited: 711
  • Number of Letters of Advice to Apply issued: 255 who have:
    • a valid Express Entry ID and job seeker validation code, and at least 6 months of recent experience in an occupation on Manitoba’s In-demand Occupations list.
or

• a close relative residing in Manitoba or past education or work experience in Manitoba;
    • at least 6 months of recent experience in an occupation on Manitoba’s In-demand Occupations list; and
    • a minimum language proficiency of CLB/NCLC 5 unless work experience is primarily in a regulated occupation (minimum CLB/NCLC 7) or a compulsory trade (CLB/NCLC 6).
  • Ranking score of lowest-ranked candidate invited: 59
  • Have a look and read thoroughly, i hope you will get your answer.

phphafij

Nov 7, 2018
Can anyone please inform me the step by step procedures for receiving PNP nomination?
I have very little knowledge on this. Please help.

Reactions: omario

Leksal

Dec 12, 2018
I think MPNP wants to bring people to their regional areas not in Winnipeg as qualifying scores can't be achieved without adding 50 points if the sponsor is in regional area. So now sponsors will have to move to out of Winnipeg.
Hi Jay. Do you mean that if I intend going to any of the regional area, and my sponsor is residing at Winnipeg. He cannot sponsors me my application?

Leksal

Dec 12, 2018
Can I use a sponsor residing in Winnipeg for application in any of the regional area since it is still within Manitoba? Because what I read was that your sponsor must reside in within the Province. Can someone throw more light on this?

JayJay1998

Star Member
Oct 13, 2018
Can I use a sponsor residing in Winnipeg for application in any of the regional area since it is still within Manitoba? Because what I read was that your sponsor must reside in within the Province. Can someone throw more light on this?
You can't claim 50 points if your sponsor doesn't live outside Winnipeg

JayJay1998

Star Member
Oct 13, 2018
Hi Jay. Do you mean that if I intend going to any of the regional area, and my sponsor is residing at Winnipeg. He cannot sponsors me my application?
Hi, S/he can sponsor you but in order to get additional 50 points, the sponsor must reside in a regional area as specified by MPNP

JayJay1998

Star Member
Oct 13, 2018
Hi Leksal,
Sponsor must be living in the province but as i mentioned earlier that your application will be more favourable if your sponsor lives outside of Winnipeg. The capital city is Winnipeg but if you go say 25-30 km outside of Winnipeg it is considered as a regional area. Winnipeg itself is a very small city in comparison to other capital cities of Canada. I hope you got my point.