MP Replied Back: “Immigration verifications have not been initiated”

Muslima

Jan 22, 2016
Calgary
Category........
Other
Visa Office......
Calgary
If you didn't get AOR that means that they didn't even open you file. If you were not illegible or anything wrong with your file, they would either send it back to you or send you a QR after they start to process your application. I sent an application before my current one and haven't heard from them for 6 months, called so many times and contacted MP, all were useless until I re applied and got an AOR in 45 days and now my application is in a decision made status, waiting for my Oath letter
Thanks for the information , so did you pay another money . And also when I called them last , the agent said they are verifying somethings with Cic I’m . Seriously am confused

Hydi

Star Member
Jul 12, 2015
Thanks for the information , so did you pay another money . And also when I called them last , the agent said they are verifying somethings with Cic I’m . Seriously am confused
No I didn't pay. I just used the same old receipt. As far as I know, there is no way for the agent to check your file before having it opened and entered into the computer which means getting the AOR. So I'm not sure what does the agent mean by verifying something. He doesn't have any access to your citizenship file because it's not in the system yet.

kozi4ever

Jul 17, 2019
Hello,

I applied in June of last year. Contacted the MP Office twice and they were prompt and contacted IRCC on my behalf.

Their last follow up included a more detailed response from IRCC (find below):

Does anyone know what Immigration Verification means? Should I be worried?

Thank you

• The application was received at the Case Processing Centre in Sydney, Nova Scotia, on June 11, 2018.
  • The application is considered non-routine due to the following reason(s):
    • the file is under review because it requires further verifications. Rest assured that the responsible office will inform the applicant, if they have to provide further details.
  • The criminality verifications are currently valid.
  • The security verifications are currently valid.
  • The immigration verifications have not been initiated.
  • Because the application is non-routine, there is no specific processing time to finalize it. Rest assured that all efforts are being made to ensure efficient processing of the application”

• The application was received at the Case Processing Centre in Sydney, Nova Scotia, on December 4, 2017.

WhistlerHusky

Mar 11, 2019
I got test invitation email last Monday.

1. We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on July 13, 2018.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on August 31, 2018.
  3. We started processing your application on September 17, 2018.
  4. We sent you a notice on February 29, 2020 to appear and write the citizenship test on March 25, 2020 at 11:45 AM. The notice you will receive by mail will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us.

Reactions: lulykibuly