+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

moving to Toronto- with US born baby

eis517

Oct 19, 2012
My wife is a Canadian Citizen living in theUS with me. I just got notified that my PR application was approved, and it will be brought to us shortly.

My wife is gonna fly with our baby and I am going to drive the car. The baby has certificate of citizenship. What should my wife say at customs? Can she say we are all moving back? Will they give trouble with the baby because she doesn't have a Canadian Passport? Any advice or anything else we should know?

Thanks,

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
eis517 said:
My wife is a Canadian Citizen living in theUS with me. I just got notified that my PR application was approved, and it will be brought to us shortly.

My wife is gonna fly with our baby and I am going to drive the car. The baby has certificate of citizenship. What should my wife say at customs? Can she say we are all moving back? Will they give trouble with the baby because she doesn't have a Canadian Passport? Any advice or anything else we should know?

Thanks,
So the baby is travelling on his/her American passport and has the Canadian Certificate of Citizenship? That's fine, customs won't give any trouble over that. Your wife can simply say she is returning to Canada, nothing more than that is required because she and the baby are Canadian citizens. I doubt border officers will even ask anything anyways.

crassy

Sep 15, 2011
Niagara Falls
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-09-2012
AOR Received.
6-11-2012
File Transfer...
6-11-2012
Med's Done....
10-09-2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
30-04-2013
VISA ISSUED...
08-07-2013
LANDED..........
26-07-2013
You should be fine. I have gone back and forth with my daughter (born in Australia) on her Australian passport and her citizenship card. Nothing has ever been said to us.