+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Moving to other cities

sallie.sasa

Dec 4, 2014
Hi, I am a new comer in Manitoba, with the Provincial Nominee Program, sponsored by a relative. I have landed in Manitoba for 5 months. My friend in Toronto suggested me to try to look for a job and settle in Toronto. But I am not sure if I can go.

Can I move around the cities?
How many years should I need to stay in Manitoba?
Can you advise what problems will there be if moving to Toronto?
Will it affect my citizenship in the future?

Please advise.
Thanks

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

sallie.sasa said:
Hi, I am a new comer in Manitoba, with the Provincial Nominee Program, sponsored by a relative. I have landed in Manitoba for 5 months. My friend in Toronto suggested me to try to look for a job and settle in Toronto. But I am not sure if I can go.

Can I move around the cities?
How many years should I need to stay in Manitoba?
Can you advise what problems will there be if moving to Toronto?
Will it affect my citizenship in the future?

Please advise.
Thanks

1. Sure you can go, but your relative will never be able to sponsor anyone else under the Manitoba family plan.
2. Won't effect your citizenship.

sallie.sasa

Dec 4, 2014
It is very kind of you. Thank you for answering my questions about moving to other cities that will not affect the citizenship, but will affect the sponsor's future application for other people.

Can you or anyone advise the following too?

How many years that I have to stay in Manitoba?
Will it affect the PR status?
Will they ask any reason in the future why I have moved to other cities?
Will it affect if I want to sponsor someone (husband or relatives) to come over in the future?

Appreciate your great help.

sallie.sasa

Dec 4, 2014
Hi all,

One friend told today that he needed to give a reason why he left the nominee province when he applied citizenship.

Any has this experience? Is it the officer are becoming more strict than before?

thanks for advice.

CanV

Champion Member
Apr 30, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
sallie.sasa said:
Hi all,

One friend told today that he needed to give a reason why he left the nominee province when he applied citizenship.

Any has this experience? Is it the officer are becoming more strict than before?

thanks for advice.
They can ask whatever they want. He is free to live anywhere in Canada.

Hasher

Apr 2, 2010
sallie.sasa said:
It is very kind of you. Thank you for answering my questions about moving to other cities that will not affect the citizenship, but will affect the sponsor's future application for other people.

Can you or anyone advise the following too?

How many years that I have to stay in Manitoba?
Will it affect the PR status?
Will they ask any reason in the future why I have moved to other cities?
Will it affect if I want to sponsor someone (husband or relatives) to come over in the future?

Appreciate your great help.

Just an Opinion,

6 months to 0ne year is good window to show you tried to settle in Canada.
No
If you can be asked but as mentioned above you can justify that you tried to secure t.job but couldn't, sure you not able to sponsor anyone on Manitoba program once you are out.
Would not affect sponsoring Husband, other relatives Parents then may not affect.

sallie.sasa

Dec 4, 2014
thank you for all information.

a few more here:

do i need to talk to any immigration officer and ask for advice if i have the thought of moving to other cities? like get them informed before doing anything?

do i need to show any proof that i cannot live well so i move or any job application documents in Manitoba or from other cities?

do i need to get a job from other cities first before moving there?

anything i missed, please advise.

thank you

CanV

Champion Member
Apr 30, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
sallie.sasa said:
thank you for all information.

a few more here:

do i need to talk to any immigration officer and ask for advice if i have the thought of moving to other cities? like get them informed before doing anything?

do i need to show any proof that i cannot live well so i move or any job application documents in Manitoba or from other cities?

do i need to get a job from other cities first before moving there?

anything i missed, please advise.

thank you
None