+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Moving to Ontario from Burnaby BC (Health application) steps

Clorets90

Apr 17, 2017
Hello everyone,

Just want to know correct steps required from me as "Permanent Resident" to move from Burnaby to Ontario regarding Health insurance, benefits and medical tests like ultrasound etc costs.

My situation is:
My wife is pregnant and we are expecting a baby next mid of March so what I must do in order not to have issues when I move to Toronto I am leaving Burnaby end of September.

Thanks.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Please google before asking your questions. If you can’t find the answer then ask. The answer to your questions are usually very easy to find. You do have to learn to solve questions for yourself especially if you are going to be a parent.

Reactions: Clorets90

Clorets90

Apr 17, 2017
Please google before asking your questions. If you can’t find the answer then ask. The answer to your questions are usually very easy to find. You do have to learn to solve questions for yourself especially if you are going to be a parent.
Thank you!
I mean to ask here because I get specific information that match my situation..
For sure I use google but not very accurate.
Thank you

Copingwithlife

VIP Member
Jul 29, 2018
Earth
I googled
Find a family Dr in Ontario

https://www.ontario.ca/page/find-family-doctor-or-nurse-practitioner
You need a OHIP card first before you can use the Health Care Connect link
Some times at walkin clinics in Toronto there’ll be a sign indicating the Drs are accepting new patients
Once you are assigned to one , you gotta de register from that Dr if you want a new primary care physician

Last edited:

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Thank you!
I mean to ask here because I get specific information that match my situation..
For sure I use google but not very accurate.
Thank you
You are in the same positions as tens of thousands of new immigrants moving to Ontario yearly. Same question as others moving from within Canada to Ontario. Your situation is very common.

Clorets90

Apr 17, 2017
I googled

Some times at walkin clinics in Toronto there’ll be a sign indicating the Drs are accepting new patients
Once you are assigned to one , you gotta de register from that Dr if you want a new primary care physician
These few words they simply do not come to my mind.
The other reason I ask is I want to learn what you ask google so I learn from it.
Thank you very much you all.are making things cleat to me.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
These few words they simply do not come to my mind.
The other reason I ask is I want to learn what you ask google so I learn from it.
Thank you very much you all.are making things cleat to me.
Ask google a question. If you don’t get the desired answer and another question or rephrase the question. If you drive for Uber you should be able to use google. Before asking a question next time spend at least 10 minutes googling and how reading. Then ask questions.

Clorets90

Apr 17, 2017
Ask google a question. If you don’t get the desired answer and another question or rephrase the question. If you drive for Uber you should be able to use google. Before asking a question next time spend at least 10 minutes googling and how reading. Then ask questions.
I don't drive yet failed twice.
Thank you for your time and help.

Clorets90

Apr 17, 2017
I googled

I asked my current doctor about de register from her ( She said there is nothing called "de registering") She will only give me all our records in our hand and look for new doctor in Ontario.

could you please explain to me what I must do ?
and what is the benefit of Primary family doctor and secondary one ?
thank you