March 2016
Med's Done....
Dec 2015
Interview........
not required at this time
Passport Req..
Soon Insha'allah
Hi guys,

wanna advice... how's life in November in Montreal... can i get a job easily in November ? ... it is difficult to find room to rent ?

how about life cost ?

Please i need your advice

thx

deweysmith

Mar 20, 2015
Montreal, QC
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-03-2015
AOR Received.
23-04-2015
File Transfer...
15-05-2015
VISA ISSUED...
22-08-2015
LANDED..........
29-08-2012
Apartments are plentiful, generally speaking. If you have a tight budget it might be hard to find something big enough that you can afford, but if you've got a decent budget. Jobs, I can't really tell you… I still work in the USA. :)

Cost of living is decent. Dairy and meat are more expensive than I'm used to, being from the American west, but produce is cheap. How big of an apartment are you looking for, and how much do you expect to spend?

sokara

Jan 6, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
ADVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 2016
Doc's Request.
Oct 2016
AOR Received.
March 2016
File Transfer...
March 2016
Med's Done....
Dec 2015
Interview........
Passport Req..
Soon Insha'allah
thank you very much for taking time to reply to my inquiry :).

well, In the begging of settling down there I will be alone... then later on I will make a sponsorship to my spouse.

How big of an apartment are you looking for ?

it doesn't matter for me. am looking even to rent a room with family in the beginning. Studio apartment is better.

how much do you expect to spend?

this depends on the life cost there such as grocery, mobile charge with data, rent, transportation, any unexpected expenses.

For me am planning to spend about 1000 per months including rent and everything. Do you thing it is enough ?

thanks again

deweysmith

Mar 20, 2015
Montreal, QC
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-03-2015
AOR Received.
23-04-2015
File Transfer...
15-05-2015
VISA ISSUED...
22-08-2015
LANDED..........
29-08-2012
sokara said:
this depends on the life cost there such as grocery, mobile charge with data, rent, transportation, any unexpected expenses.

For me am planning to spend about 1000 per months including rent and everything. Do you thing it is enough ?
Definitely. A studio or a 1-bedroom apartment somewhere in the east will run you anywhere from $400-800 depending on the neighborhood and apartment. kijiji.ca is a great place to start if you haven't been looking. If you need suggestions on neighborhoods I'm happy to help.

Electricity usually runs $100-150/3mos on an apartment that size, but in the city that's typically all the renter is responsible for. Water, sewer, garbage, heat, hot water, and tax are usually handled by the building's owner.

A transit pass covering the entire city is around $95/mo and will get you anywhere. You can find cheaper rent off the island but transit expenses to get on the island will be higher and the service isn't always great (but it isn't perfect on the island either :p)

A cell phone plan with data for a single line will run you around $40-90/mo depending on features and whether or not you sign a contract. Contracts run more expensive but include a phone for a down payment. I highly recommend bringing your own phone if you can, it gives you a lot more freedom and your monthly plan will usually be cheaper.

Parlez-vous français?

sokara

Jan 6, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
ADVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 2016
Doc's Request.
Oct 2016
AOR Received.
March 2016
File Transfer...
March 2016
Med's Done....
Dec 2015
Interview........
Passport Req..
Soon Insha'allah
oui je parle le francais mais un peu... je suis en le intermediate niveau

je peux comprendre mais je prends beaucoup de temps pour terminer dans la phrase.

Thank you so much ... my concern is to find an accommodation on November ... I know the lease time is always in June/July.

I read about the transit pass.

Also, On November there is a chance to find any casual work or it is a dead time and really hard to find any.

appreciated

vehla_ji

Star Member
Jun 20, 2014
Calgary AB Canada
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Doc's Request.
20 march 15
sokara said:
oui je parle le francais mais un peu... je suis en le intermediate niveau

je peux comprendre mais je prends beaucoup de temps pour terminer dans la phrase.

Thank you so much ... my concern is to find an accommodation on November ... I know the lease time is always in June/July.

I read about the transit pass.

Also, On November there is a chance to find any casual work or it is a dead time and really hard to find any.

appreciated
i dont understand first couple lines :D
as for renting you can rent ot lease any time years around. no matter which month is it.
in november you have really good chance to get hired antwhere in canada or montreal but work hard so they (company) no layoff you later. any other questions plz ask away.

deweysmith

Mar 20, 2015
Montreal, QC
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-03-2015
AOR Received.
23-04-2015
File Transfer...
15-05-2015
VISA ISSUED...
22-08-2015
LANDED..........
29-08-2012
sokara said:

appreciated
Early November is the time that most stores and places are looking for extra help for the Christmas season, so it shouldn't be difficult to find something then, but if your French is lacking I would try to find an apartment and/or job in the west island because French is less dominant there.