+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Moving to Montreal in a month

cbs

Jun 24, 2008
Hi,

I really need some help...
I landed in Toronto in january completed the landing process,also submitted the list of goods to follow.
I have my PR card and SIN (applied in toronto).
Now I have a job offer in montreal and have to move in a month.My question is:

1)Can i work in quebec with PR card from toronto?
2)Do we have to apply for new SIN and PR card as address given during landing was of a friend in toronto?
3)Will the list of goods submitted at toronto apply to montreal as well?

I would really appreciate if anyone could help me on this..Thanks in advance.

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
1) Yes, as a PR of Canada, you are allowed to live and work in Quebec as well as any other province.

2) You do not need a new SIN or a new PR card. Quebec is still a part of Canada even though they sometimes would have you believe otherwise.

3) I am not sure about your list of goods. I think it should be the same but you will have to ask them when you get there.

shuhash

Star Member
May 21, 2010
cbs said:
Hi,

I really need some help...
I landed in Toronto in january completed the landing process,also submitted the list of goods to follow.
I have my PR card and SIN (applied in toronto).
Now I have a job offer in montreal and have to move in a month.My question is:

1)Can i work in quebec with PR card from toronto?
2)Do we have to apply for new SIN and PR card as address given during landing was of a friend in toronto?
3)Will the list of goods submitted at toronto apply to montreal as well?

I would really appreciate if anyone could help me on this..Thanks in advance.
1. Yes .. same pr is fine
2. No. U can use the same SIN ...
3. yes . .

you are just moving from one province to another ...

cbs

Jun 24, 2008
Thanks Leon and Shuhash.

I am little concerned about the things i would be carrying with me.I have not mentioned according to boxes or very much in detail,it was just a list categorized roughly under furniture,clothes,artifacts and so on...
So my question is will my stuff be gone through in detail as i have few stuff that i have purchased later like i got a new laptop as mine got corrupted.. still i would be carrying only one laptop but only a different brand,will it matter?
Also can i carry any grocery like grains and stuff?I have read plants are not allowed,but still has any of you have taken one?

ei8ht

Star Member
Jan 11, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
15 Aug 2009
Usually for larger, pricier items we need to specify. Else there maybe a concern. Clothing & personal effects can be left at large. So, I think that laptop might be an issue.

Plants, soil, seeds, poultry, meat etc. are a no-no.