Moving to diff country after AOR

genruab

Star Member
Sep 25, 2019
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
Hello,

Would be grateful if anyone could answer.

I reside in country A which I am also a citizen of. I have submitted my documents, AOR on December 27th. I have also gave my biometrics on January 16.

Now, i have h1b approved and a job waiting for me in the USA. I understand that i need to update my country of residence through the CSE form, which i will do after i arrive. Now, how is it normally done when you get PPR? Do you send your passports on your own, i was told to take it to VFS where i did biometrics? Will i be able to do it in USA, if so, is it also at USA vfs?

Second question is:
1) i am planning to start working on h1b, do the soft landing with my family. Then i have 3 years to stay abroad, before my PR could be extended. What if i have PR cards for my family and then we have another child in 2 years, while being outside of Canada? Do i have to go through the process of sponsoring? Or is it better to give birth in Canada? Can we do it, if we are technically non-residents at the time. This is a hypothetical situation, so would like to hear your opinion.

The last question, i have heard sometimes when you land, the photos do not get accepted to quality issues, usually kids tend to shake their heads etc. and then PR card are delayed or required to resubmit the photo. If i do the soft landing then leave Canada while have CIC send my card to a friends address. What if my card does not get issued due to ”technical” problems, will i be allowed to enter Canada with a COPR?

thank you
Whiecer can contribute

r1t

Nov 14, 2020
Dear @genrub, could you please advise on this? I am in a similar situation where I have to change countries after AOR, MEP/Biometrics, so I have following questions:
1. Other than informing the IRCC via web form about the change of address and countries, what do I have to do?
2. What is CSE form?
3. Where will I submit my passport for COPR?

Looking forward to hearing from you. thank you

Reactions: NikT