File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
What alternatives there are if I want to get a visa to Canada except finding a job there
- Study permit to come to Canada to study full time.
- Apply to immigrate through a program like Express Entry.

HIT2349

Jul 26, 2020
express entry/study are out the of question I'm 45+ and in the middle
of looking for a job in my country

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
express entry/study are out the of question I'm 45+ and in the middle
of looking for a job in my country
If a study permit and Express Entry are out of the question, then getting a job offer and approved LMIA is really your only option. It's typically very difficult to secure a job offer. Hopefully you have specialized work experience and education that will help you. Be careful of job scams. There are many job scams out there.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
what about coming there and find a job + apply for visa in my place what's LMIA
The LMIA is a long and expensive process the employer must go through in order to be able to hire you. You can read about this process here:

https://www.canada.ca/en/employment-social-development/services/foreign-workers/median-wage/high/requirements.html

Sure, you can come here on a tourist visa and try to find a job. It won't necessarily make the process any eaiser. If you decide to come to Canada on a TRV to try to find a job, make sure you can survive in Canada for at least 8 months without working. While you are waiting, you will not qualify for support or benefits from Canada. This means you also will not qualify for any health care coverage and will have to pay for everything yourself. You should also be prepared for the significant possibility that you won't be able to secure a job and will have to return to your home country.

I personally think it's extremely risky and extremely expensive to travel to Canada as a visitor and hope you find a job. I would recommend that you find a job and secure a work permit before you move to Canada.

HIT2349

Jul 26, 2020
The LMIA is a long and expensive process the employer must go through in order to be able to hire you. You can read about this process here:

https://www.canada.ca/en/employment-social-development/services/foreign-workers/median-wage/high/requirements.html

Sure, you can come here on a tourist visa and try to find a job. It won't necessarily make the process any eaiser. If you decide to come to Canada on a TRV to try to find a job, make sure you can survive in Canada for at least 8 months without working. While you are waiting, you will not qualify for support or benefits from Canada. This means you also will not qualify for any health care coverage and will have to pay for everything yourself. You should also be prepared for the significant possibility that you won't be able to secure a job and will have to return to your home country.

I personally think it's extremely risky and extremely expensive to travel to Canada as a visitor and hope you find a job. I would recommend that you find a job and secure a work permit before you move to Canada.

what about i've found some job will i have to work in that employer when i get the visa / i will be free to work wherever i want ?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
what about i've found some job will i have to work in that employer when i get the visa / i will be free to work wherever i want ?
So you have a job offer with guaranteed employment one year past PR and the employer has an approved LMIA? What is your CRS score for EE then based on your age, education, language and skilled work experience. Are you even eligible for Express Entry? You then wait to be invited, apply and get PR. Takes a long time and employer has to be willing to wait for you.

Or if you have approved LMIA, you apply for a closed work permit to show that you are experienced for the job.

foodie69

Champion Member
Dec 18, 2015
So you have a job offer with guaranteed employment one year past PR and the employer has an approved LMIA? What is your CRS score for EE then based on your age, education, language and skilled work experience. Are you even eligible for Express Entry? You then wait to be invited, apply and get PR. Takes a long time and employer has to be willing to wait for you.

Or if you have approved LMIA, you apply for a closed work permit to show that you are experienced for the job.
OP has asked a hypothetical question ;) S/he has none of the above

Reactions: Naturgrl

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
You will have to work for that specific employer only. No, you will not be able to work for any other employer.