+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Moving to Canada

lipikadas0312

Sep 23, 2018
Hope everyone is doing good and safe as well.
I have received my COPR on March 18, 2020. The expiry date to the same is October 8, 2020. How should i plan my travel? And what are the chances that the international flights between India and Canada start before the said date? Does anyone has an insight to this? If yes, please help with a reply.
Regards,
Lipika Das

Bs65

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2016
If flights are not back by September/ October then most airlines with or without government support could well be bankrupt. Apart from that nobody can really say what might or might happen especially given the press keep predicting a second COVID wave in the fall.

To be honest may worth planning to arrive July/ August but even then nobody can predict what restrictions may still be in place or what travel maybe possible. Only positive might be that airlines seem to be making their booking conditions a bit more flexible. Also for rest of year minimum the job situation in Canada , same everywhere , is likely to be pretty bad not much can do about that.

Decision is yours but should not expect with an October expiry to be offered an extension this far out.

Above my view only, others can/ may have different view.

lipikadas0312

Sep 23, 2018
If flights are not back by September/ October then most airlines with or without government support could well be bankrupt. Apart from that nobody can really say what might or might happen especially given the press keep predicting a second COVID wave in the fall.

To be honest may worth planning to arrive July/ August but even then nobody can predict what restrictions may still be in place or what travel maybe possible. Only positive might be that airlines seem to be making their booking conditions a bit more flexible. Also for rest of year minimum the job situation in Canada , same everywhere , is likely to be pretty bad not much can do about that.

Decision is yours but should not expect with an October expiry to be offered an extension this far out.

Above my view only, others can/ may have different view.
Thank you

lipikadas0312

Sep 23, 2018
I've landed in Canada on August 20, however, my dependant is still in India due to our aged parents. So, can he do a soft-landing, wherein he will get the COPR stamped and catch the next flight from the airport without leaving the airport and can back to India on the next day itself?
Due to the longer quarantine period, he won't be able to leave the parents otherwise.
Please suggest.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
I've landed in Canada on August 20, however, my dependant is still in India due to our aged parents. So, can he do a soft-landing, wherein he will get the COPR stamped and catch the next flight from the airport without leaving the airport and can back to India on the next day itself?
Due to the longer quarantine period, he won't be able to leave the parents otherwise.
Please suggest.
Soft-landings aren't permitted at this time.