+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Moving to Canada with a criminal record?

Discussion in 'Express Entry / Expression of Interest' started by bobbed12, Dec 12, 2019.

  1. My wife and I are looking into moving from the UK to Canada. I'm a web developer and my wife is a speech theosophist. We have relevant qualifications that will enable us to move and find work. However, I have a conviction for soliciting a prostitute. It happened 16 years ago and I was only fined and no jail time was served. I'm ashamed of it but there is nothing I can do about it now. Would this stop me moving and emigrating to canada?

    Best wishes

  2. It shouldn’t. You may have to apply for criminal rehabilitation (CR) in order to become admissible to Canada.
  3. Purchase of sexual services is illegal in Canada.

    You might want to checkout this page of IRCC, it will help you determine whether you need to apply for criminal rehabilitation or not. https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/application-forms-guides/guide-5312-rehabilitation-persons-inadmissible-canada-past-criminal-activity.html

Share This Page