+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Moving to Canada From USA

aditkama

Apr 12, 2018
Hello every one,

I need some help to understand certain things with regards to moving from USA to Canada. I am an indian Citizen and living in USA for employment. My husband is on L1A visa and i am L2 visa. We have applied for I 140 under EB1C in August 2017 and its still in process and we have not received any approval yet. But we do have an approved EAD and AP under I485. Our L1 Visa is getting expired on 30th April 2018 and our renewal of L1 visa under premium process is in process as well. My husband is afraid looking at the challenges his company is facing from Financial point of view. So we are planning to apply for canadian PR to protect ourselves. I need to know can my husband look out for Job in canada now in the mean time we prepare the documents required for PR and apply for it. Or Can i start applying for Job in canada? Secondly we both are working and we are from Finance background.

Anyone can help me understand what is the better option will be appreciated.

Thanks,

Aditi

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hello every one,

I need some help to understand certain things with regards to moving from USA to Canada. I am an indian Citizen and living in USA for employment. My husband is on L1A visa and i am L2 visa. We have applied for I 140 under EB1C in August 2017 and its still in process and we have not received any approval yet. But we do have an approved EAD and AP under I485. Our L1 Visa is getting expired on 30th April 2018 and our renewal of L1 visa under premium process is in process as well. My husband is afraid looking at the challenges his company is facing from Financial point of view. So we are planning to apply for canadian PR to protect ourselves. I need to know can my husband look out for Job in canada now in the mean time we prepare the documents required for PR and apply for it. Or Can i start applying for Job in canada? Secondly we both are working and we are from Finance background.

Anyone can help me understand what is the better option will be appreciated.

Thanks,

Aditi
It's extremely unlikely your husband (or you) will be successful in finding a job in Canada before you have PR status in Canada. An employer would have to provide him with an LMIA to give him a job offer. The LMIA process is very long and expensive for the employer - and consequently it's next to impossible to find employers willing to go through the process.

I would recommend you focus on applying for PR instead.