+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Moving to Canada anyone please advice- Very urgent

vicky2

Dec 13, 2011
Hi All

I want to move to canada next month, but currently I working and don't to leave my job.
is it ok if I move for short period (1-2 weeks), is there any possibility
that immigration officer can question me about my permanent settlement and will there be any possibility of refusing me to issue PR card as I have come to CANADA for short stay not for settlement.

If I buy return ticket after 2 weeks... will they question about that too!! why I bought return ticket if I am coming to settle down.

If yes, does any one solution for this. Please advise, Quite urgent and important for me.

Many thanks in advance

Vicky2 :) :)

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I assume you are saying you want to land as a PR but are not ready to move yet. This is not a problem. You can tell the immigration officer about that. There are no rules against it.

They might however decide to withhold your PR card until you move. That is not necessarily a bad thing, they just don't want it to get lost because it is getting mailed to an address where you aren't going to be staying because you are not going to be in Canada that long. If you move to Canada within 6 months of landing, you can let them know and they will mail you the card. If you leave it for longer than 6 months, you will have to get new photos, pay $50 and apply for a card after you move.

vicky2

Dec 13, 2011
Hi Leon

Thanks alot for your quick reply!!!!

If CIC dont mind for how long I m staying in Canada , is it ok if I apply for PR card straight away after reaching to canada and I can provide them address of my relatives where they can post my PR card and someone on my behalf can collect it and courier it to me outside canada.

please guide

regards

Vicky2

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
vicky2 said:
Hi Leon

Thanks alot for your quick reply!!!!

If CIC dont mind for how long I m staying in Canada , is it ok if I apply for PR card straight away after reaching to canada and I can provide them address of my relatives where they can post my PR card and someone on my behalf can collect it and courier it to me outside canada.

please guide

regards

Vicky2
yes, you can. but mind this problem if you are unfortunate:

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/ridiculous-photos-not-according-to-specs-delay-in-pr-card-after-landing-t65961.0.html

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
If you tell the immigration officer that you will not be staying long but could they please send your PR card to the address of your relatives, they might decide to hold it anyway because you are not going to be there when the PR card arrives. If they do that but you really want your PR card sent to that address, once you are inside Canada, update your address with CIC through the website or the call-centre.

jinneebhat

Star Member
Jun 9, 2010
Leon said:
If you tell the immigration officer that you will not be staying long but could they please send your PR card to the address of your relatives, they might decide to hold it anyway because you are not going to be there when the PR card arrives. If they do that but you really want your PR card sent to that address, once you are inside Canada, update your address with CIC through the website or the call-centre.
Dear Leon,
Thanks for the info
Does that mean we should not be telling the immigration officer our true intend of leaving after landing or just should not request the cards to be sent on the friends address

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
jinneebhat said:
Dear Leon,
Thanks for the info
Does that mean we should not be telling the immigration officer our true intend of leaving after landing or just should not request the cards to be sent on the friends address
You don't have to tell them anything they don't ask but if they ask you, you shouldn't lie.