+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

moving out of province under PNP after PR

Jun 8, 2013
Hi I got my PR 9 months ago under SASKATCHEWAN IMMIGRANT NOMINEE PROGRAM(SINP CATEGORY:STUDENT), but when I applied for SINP I signed on a document says I intend to live in SASKATCHEWAN (number of years were'nt mentioned) but when I re-entered CANADA to get my PR done, the officer at port says that you are supposed to stay in saskatchewan for 3 years bcus you are nominated by saskatchewan. I asked few lawyers but they are not even pretty sure. please help me I am working at minnimum wagehere in saskatchewan :( but I got a really nice job offer from BC. can I move out of the province?

Jun 8, 2013
sandhu.jagpreett said:
Hi I got my PR 9 months ago under SASKATCHEWAN IMMIGRANT NOMINEE PROGRAM(SINP CATEGORY:STUDENT), but when I applied for SINP I signed on a document says I intend to live in SASKATCHEWAN (number of years were'nt mentioned) but when I re-entered CANADA to get my PR done, the officer at port says that you are supposed to stay in saskatchewan for 3 years bcus you are nominated by saskatchewan. I asked few lawyers but they are not even pretty sure. please help me I am working at minnimum wagehere in saskatchewan :( but I got a really nice job offer from BC. can I move out of the province?

verveiko

Aug 3, 2012
Vancouver, BC
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
24-09-2012
Med's Done....
15-10-2012
Passport Req..
08-03-2013
LANDED..........
29-03-2013
As a PR you can live, work and study wherever you want in Canada.

http://charterofrights.ca/en/15_00_01

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Section_Six_of_the_Canadian_Charter_of_Rights_and_Freedoms

Every citizen of Canada and every person who has the status of a permanent resident of Canada has the right
a) to move to and take up residence in any province; and
b) to pursue the gaining of a livelihood in any province.

Jun 8, 2013
then why the officer at the port said you have to stay in SASKATCHEWAN for 3 years?? and also one of my friends(already PR) they received email from SINP department says they have to proof that they are still living in Saskatchewan, they been asked for residential lease papers,visa statements, and job pay stubs? I m really confused please help, i m afraid of loosing(revoke) my PR if I move out of province?
PLEASE HELP

ronaldoyaronaldo

Aug 26, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
sandhu.jagpreett said:
then why the officer at the port said you have to stay in SASKATCHEWAN for 3 years?? and also one of my friends(already PR) they received email from SINP department says they have to proof that they are still living in Saskatchewan, they been asked for residential lease papers,visa statements, and job pay stubs? I m really confused please help, i m afraid of loosing(revoke) my PR if I move out of province?
PLEASE HELP
A member from the forum emailed the immigration office of BC (he was a PR under BCPNP) and he told them that he got a better job offer in Alberta. Their reply eluded that now that he is a PR he has the right to work and live anywhere in Canada, however, he should still meet CIC requirements for citizenship (IE 3 years of presence in the country). There is no obligation that you have to stay for 3 years whatsoever anywhere in the bulletins, or PNP applications.

sulav787

Star Member
Apr 23, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-03-2012
File Transfer...
in process since April 22nd 2013
Med's Done....
15-05-2012
Interview........
i hope not!!
Passport Req..
waiting
VISA ISSUED...
waiting
LANDED..........
already in canada
even one of my colleague at work was told by a office at the border that he has to stay for 3 years in sask while he was doing his flag polling!!

sulav787

Star Member
Apr 23, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-03-2012
File Transfer...
in process since April 22nd 2013
Med's Done....
15-05-2012
Interview........
i hope not!!
Passport Req..
waiting
VISA ISSUED...
waiting
LANDED..........
already in canada
can i move to different province to study after i get my PR card?

buttar-boy

Aug 5, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
New delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Med's Request
17-03-2013
Med's Done....
02-04-2013 ecas 'med rcvd'
Passport Req..
17-04-2013
VISA ISSUED...
05-09-2013 by god's grace
LANDED..........
sooon
mostly people saying we can not move from where we nominated...truth not clear..

Sartaj

Star Member
Nov 7, 2012
Vancouver BC
Visa Office......
CPP OTTAWA
App. Filed.......
06 june 2019
sandhu.jagpreett said:
Sandhu saab u can't. PR cancel

Sanj

Star Member
May 13, 2013
sandhu.jagpreett said:
Hi, I am in the same kind of situation, Did you move out of the province who nominated you or are you still residing in the same province. I really need help. We have a family business in ON and planning to help my dad in the business. can we move or do we need to stay in AB for almost 2 years. It has been total of 5 years since i am in AB and started my PR processing. Now I am a PR and wanted to settle in different province. please share your experience.
Thanks

averma

Aug 9, 2015
New Delhi
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-03-2016
Doc's Request.
10-11-2016
Nomination.....
16-12-2016
AOR Received.
23-08-2016
Sanj said:
Hi, I am in the same kind of situation, Did you move out of the province who nominated you or are you still residing in the same province. I really need help. We have a family business in ON and planning to help my dad in the business. can we move or do we need to stay in AB for almost 2 years. It has been total of 5 years since i am in AB and started my PR processing. Now I am a PR and wanted to settle in different province. please share your experience.
Thanks
Hey, I am in a similar situation. Were you able to make a move to BC?

jas2015

Dec 2, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30 Aug, 2016
Doc's Request.
sent, 02 oct,2016
Nomination.....
04 oct, 2016
averma said:
Hey, I am in a similar situation. Were you able to make a move to BC?
Day before yesterday i wrote SAK regarding this that is it possible to study outside province in first five years after receive PR, They reply the below

"That is a question for CIC to answer. Please contact them at cic.gc.ca or call 1-888-2424-2100 and someone at that level would be happy to help you. Thank you"

mf4361

Champion Member
Apr 17, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18 Nov 2015
Nomination.....
12 Oct 2015
AOR Received.
25 Feb 2016
IELTS Request
Sent
Med's Request
28 Oct 2016
Med's Done....
14 Nov 2016
Passport Req..
27 Feb 2017
VISA ISSUED...
15 Mar 2017
LANDED..........
16 Mar 2017

abdulqayyum

Dec 22, 2013
Hi guys,
i have read several threads in this context, i am currently sinp PR, coudn't find in sask, got a very good job offer from ontraion, i emailed to sinp, they replied that they will followup and revoke the nomination, it is very diappointing.

Now i have nothing, except to do od jobs as i don't see any opporunity here as telecom professional.

Pls let know if there's any wayout.

regards,