+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Moving out of Canada after applying PR under CEC..need some urgent information

shamol82

Jan 11, 2012
Hello everyone,
I am planning to send my PR application Under CEC soon. As of January 1, 2012 all CEC application needs to go to CIO, Sydney, NS.

1. In the visa application generic form (IMM008) question 4, visa office requested for processing this application , what should I write: Sydney, NS or Buffalo, NY?

2. After applying if I leave Canada within a couple of months and go back to my home country is that OK?

2. If I leave Canada , are they going to transfer my file to the visa office responsible for my country of citizenship or they will still process it in Canada or Buffalo,NY.

3. If I receive AOR with medical form for Canadian doctors (as it is happening with many application) can I request CIC to resend my medical forms so that I can do my medical with doctors in my homecountry?

Thanks in advance for any answer...:)

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jul-2011 (received 25-Jul-2011)
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
Visa office - can be either Buffalo or the visa office that serves your country of citizenship -
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/offices/apply-where.asp

If you are planning to return to your country of citizenship, it is probably better to select that visa office. If you select Buffalo, there is a possibility that you would be called for an interview in Buffalo (or other US consulate).

Medical forms are not issued for "Canadian" doctors- you can get the medical done any where in the world regardless of the location of your visa office, so long as you can find a Designated Medical Practitioner (DMP) -
http://www.cic.gc.ca/dmp-md/medical.aspx

Yes, you can leave Canada after you submit your application. You will have to update your address with the visa office...