+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

moving out of bc after getting permanent residancy.

stevie188865

Aug 10, 2012
hi,can anyone tell me if there is a set time you have to stay in bc after you get your permanent residancy.i landed yesterday and have a chance to move to cambridge ontario with the same employer,which will be more money.i got my pr through the pnp program.

Caspareva

Jul 4, 2012
There's no set time for what I've read and seen. You are a resident of Canada not of one province or the other. Unless you have made some sort of commitment with the Canadian Government that you are to reside in BC for a certain time and only there, but as far as I'm concerned you are not obliged to stay. You could have intended to reside in BC but if conditions and employment for you are better in another place within Canada you are not at fault. We applied to be PR's through the Province of Quebec and were supposed to live in Montreal, but unfortunately job-wise Montreal was not what we expected so we decided to move out to Toronto and we had no problem at all changing places of residence. We were able to apply for health care, driving license, real estate license, car lease and all other things needed to live in Toronto without any problem. In any case try to look for more information on the CIC site or other sites. Good luck with your moving!