+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

moving from middle east

anjun

Star Member
Jul 2, 2013
Hi everyone..

My husband and i are planning to move to canada in 2015. My husband had 6+ years in corporate banking from large banks in the middle east. He is in his early 30s. We have looked online for jobs related to his field and applied to several however recieved no response.
What advise can anyone with similar experiences give us in order to find a job? Id really appreciate some help. Thankd!

anjun

Star Member
Jul 2, 2013
We are looking to move to ontario.. also can anyone provide me with what are monthly income should be for a family of 3

lawrence2007

Jun 27, 2013
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
ADVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-Nov-2012
Nomination.....
15-Oct-2012
AOR Received.
15-Jan-2013
File Transfer...
15-Jun-2013
Med's Request
15-Jul-2013
Med's Done....
15-Sep-2013
Passport Req..
10-Mar-2014
VISA ISSUED...
18-Mar-2014
LANDED..........
29-Jul-2014
I am not sure what you mean by monthly income for family of three. If you are asking for living expenses, then the minimum should be around CAD3,000 monthly including apartment rent, utilities, transportation and groceries. And this is a bare basic cost of living with no luxuries included.

As far as jobs are concerned, in Canada it is difficult to get your first job because lack of Canadian education/experience become a hurdle for most new immigrants. Applying on the internet also may not be very helpful. Specifically for banks, at the moment two of the large banks RBC and Scotia Bank are talking of laying off staff.

blueshirt

Apr 28, 2014
with God support and will power nothing impossible. People come and get settled with good job and not to think negative in life as all goes well for some people it is fast and some slow ultimately everyone gets what God has destined.

Regarding expense high level i can give break down below
Monthly expenses
- house rent $1400
- grocery/household $650
- Car insurance $275
- rental house insurance $30
- Car fuel $275
- internet/cable/home phone $150
- mobile phone $30
- outside food meal/entertainment $200
total monthly expense is $3010/-

you need take home atleast this much after tax deduction(29%). SO your yearly gross has to be $51K

if you have kids below age 10 per child max child tax you can receive is $700(approx.) if your yearly income is below $30K then only u get max child tax

in totality if you are getting between $50K to $60K yearly you can survive but cannot maintain middleast life style like having 2 cars and having own house on mortage. If I say if you guys get joint income $80K it will be smooth transition from middle east to Canada and you wont feel the difference as schooling is free here medical is free and piece of mind.

hope i was help and all this is subjective discussion and can vary person to person opinion.

anjun said:
Hi everyone..

My husband and i are planning to move to canada in 2015. My husband had 6+ years in corporate banking from large banks in the middle east. He is in his early 30s. We have looked online for jobs related to his field and applied to several however recieved no response.
What advise can anyone with similar experiences give us in order to find a job? Id really appreciate some help. Thankd!