+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Moving back to US after landing and staying for a month

rumzul

Apr 15, 2012
I landed on Jan 28th in Canada. Few days back I received my PR card. But I made a complete move to Canada, by bringing all my personal belongings.

Now due to some personal reasons I have to move back to US.

I have all legal documents to move back into US.

My question is there a process to take back my personal belongings into US.

I am not sure of the exact process.

If anyone could provide me some information regarding the same it will be very helpful.

Thanks

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
There's no process from a Canadian perspective. There might be from a US perspective. Probably best to ask this question on a US forum.

rumzul

Apr 15, 2012
Sorry for the delay....Thank you very much...

I have another question

If I export my car to US(RIV sticker received already), and later decide to comeback to Canada, do I still need to follow the whole RIV process again?

tenney

May 1, 2010
I just did this after 3.5 years in Canada. It was super simple. You have to inventory your items, they probably won't look at it. Then just drive across. They let me through quickly with a uhaul and never checked my list.

It is also super easy to bring your car back into the United States if it came from there. If you made a copy of your original state title it will help. It took me about 5 minutes to import our van. Didn't fill out a single document at the border. Amazing considering the hassle it took to get it into Canada.

I am not sure about bringing it back to Canada.