+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Moving back to India, PR app field from USA, wht I need to do before I move bacK

sanjay0522

Star Member
Aug 6, 2010
USA - on H1
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 2011
AOR Received.
1st on April 2010, 2nd AOR on 12-Nov-2010
File Transfer...
To Los Angeles from Buffalo on Dec 1st, 2011
Med's Request
WAITING
Passport Req..
WAITING
VISA ISSUED...
WAITING
LANDED..........
WAITING
Hello All,

I filed PR from USA ( Buffalo) and haven't got MR yet, and now my H1 is expiring, I have to move back to India, what I should do in such situation, will moving back have any affect on my PR application.

My PR application is being done by an agency in canada.

I will have to stay in India for over/ around 9 months, hoping to move back to US after 9-12 months.
I don't need to transfer ny PR application as done by agency, but me moving back to India will PR application will be affectd by this. Has anyone been in this situation? Please tell me if PR process will still be going on for me?

Thanks.

explorer101

Champion Member
Jan 30, 2010
CANADA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
You have the choice to change your visa office if your rep agrees to it or do nothing and continue with the process already going. Your moving to India will have no effect on your application with buffalo Visa Office.

sanjay0522

Star Member
Aug 6, 2010
USA - on H1
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 2011
AOR Received.
1st on April 2010, 2nd AOR on 12-Nov-2010
File Transfer...
To Los Angeles from Buffalo on Dec 1st, 2011
Med's Request
WAITING
Passport Req..
WAITING
VISA ISSUED...
WAITING
LANDED..........
WAITING
explorer101 said:
You have the choice to change your visa office if your rep agrees to it or do nothing and continue with the process already going. Your moving to India will have no effect on your application with buffalo Visa Office.
Thanks explorer101 so much for your response, I have few more questions -
1) What time interview request comes, if it comes? Is it before getting Medical request or after?
2) If interview request comes, then I have to be in US I believe, or is there any way I can ask Buffalo to give the interview country as India? I dont want to change visa office, as it will delay things more and might jeopardize the process for me. So in this case can I ask Buffalo office to arrange interview place as India, and if so then when this request needs to be sent?
3) Third and most important question, that when I move back to India, do I need to inform about my current location, although my application is going through an agent? And I will have to stay in India for over 9 months, so in that case do I need to get PCC from there or should I wait for Buffalo office to ask for same and then we send it?

4) Another important thing is that I got FBI clearance done last year around this time, so if we dont get MR now, then I think FBI clearance report expires in 1 year, do I need to do that again? Or should I wait for Bufaflo office to ask for same?

thanks so much for reading through this ans asnwering our questions.