+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

moving back after 16 years in the us dual citizen

benitadizy

Apr 16, 2012
I moved here to the US in 1995 with my two kids and now that they are grown and back living in Canada, I want to move back. I lost my SSI card but have the number still. I lived in Canada since I was 2 years old til I was 30 and now I am disabled and want to move back to Canada and be with my kids. What should I do and how do I do it? Please let me know if you think that a landed immigrant to Canada that married a canadian and lived there most of my adult life can just move back and what would the problems be if any?

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
So which are you, a dual citizen or a landed immigrant? If you are a dual citizen, that is one of them being a Canadian, you can move back at any time. If you were a permanent resident, it would depend on if you are still living with your Canadian spouse or have been living with your Canadian spouse for at least 2 out of the last 5 years. If that would be the case, you can go to Canada and apply to renew your PR card based on that. If that is not the case, you may have lost your PR.