+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Moving after receiving oath invitation

plantplankton

Nov 26, 2017
Hi everyone! May I ask whether I should inform CIC if I move after receiving my oath invitation? Would they change my oath date because I'm moving to another city (but within the same province)? Will it suffice to just inform the agent of the address change when I'm doing the oath?

Many thanks in advance.

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
Hi everyone! May I ask whether I should inform CIC if I move after receiving my oath invitation? Would they change my oath date because I'm moving to another city (but within the same province)? Will it suffice to just inform the agent of the address change when I'm doing the oath?

Many thanks in advance.
I think advising them of the change on the oath date should be sufficient. Make sure they confirm that they will be sending the oath certificate to the new address.

Also, telling them now will NOT change the oath date. Files are NOT transferred until an event or process that is currently pending is completed. For you, oath is currently pending so the file transfer will most likely NOT happen even if you update them with the new address now.

plantplankton

Nov 26, 2017
I think advising them of the change on the oath date should be sufficient. Make sure they confirm that they will be sending the oath certificate to the new address.

Also, telling them now will NOT change the oath date. Files are NOT transferred until an event or process that is currently pending is completed. For you, oath is currently pending so the file transfer will most likely NOT happen even if you update them with the new address now.
Thank you sooooooo much!

Reactions: rajkamalmohanram

harirajmohan

VIP Member
Mar 3, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-May-2015
Doc's Request.
30-Dec-2015 ReminderEmail(PCCs, NewPassport via cse 31-Dec-2015)
Nomination.....
SK 22-Apr-2015
AOR Received.
11-Aug-2015
Med's Request
23-Dec-2015
Med's Done....
20-Jan-2016
Passport Req..
26-May-2016 (BGC In Progress 25-May-2016)
VISA ISSUED...
PP Reached Ottawa:27-May-2016, Received:10-Jun-2016
LANDED..........
PR: 09-Jul-2016, PR Card: 17-Aug-2016

Many thanks in advance.
There was one candidate who updated the address a week or few days before the oath had problem. He/she got the call at previous day or so and oath got cancelled/pending and couldnt take oath.
So best bet is to deal with it on oath date but to be safe, its better try to get the mail from the old address(somehow by telling the new occupant).

I dont know why it happened for that person. So decide what you want to do and see what happens on oath date if you plan to ask them to update address. Good luck.

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
There was one candidate who updated the address a week or few days before the oath had problem. He/she got the call at previous day or so and oath got cancelled/pending and couldnt take oath.
So best bet is to deal with it on oath date but to be safe, its better try to get the mail from the old address(somehow by telling the new occupant).

I dont know why it happened for that person. So decide what you want to do and see what happens on oath date if you plan to ask them to update address. Good luck.
That's a weird case.

Kanedaa

Mar 2, 2020
LANDED..........
08-27-2015
I was able to update the address during the oath ceremony but got stuck in waiting for the certificate yet to be mailed!
Hi, did you receive your citizenship certificate?
If yes, how much was the delay?

Kanedaa

Mar 2, 2020
LANDED..........
08-27-2015
I've not received the certificate yet but I don't think it is because of the address change made during the oath ceremony.
Did you mention during the oath of your new address? What did the oath officer say?
Also did you dry calling the call center?

Reactions: Alienali