+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Movement of Fund for G5 Sponsorship

Xabi10

Jan 15, 2021
Hi,

I have submitted my application for G5 private sponsorship last month on December 25th. My consultant created two separate accounts and I have made both accounts joint. Last night, my account joint holder mistakenly did an e-transfer from the account, and the balance may have dipped below the required balance. I have put the balance back to the required amount in matter of hours. To avoid future transaction, I have put a full hold on the amount.

Will this ONE debit transaction affect my application? Do I need to be proactive and submit new bank statements to the immigration? I haven't received my G (file) number yet.

Suleyman123

Jan 18, 2018
My advise in this situation is try to send an email to ROCO saying that this happened. If they say, you are not eligible, just fix the problem and apply again. The last thing you want is your application processes for 2 years and IRCC asks you to submit BANK statement again. If they see that the amount was dipped below the required amount, they may well reject your application because sponsors are required to meet the eligibility throughout the application process. It happened to someone in this forum. Try to resolve this problem now rather than later to avoid wasting years of waiting.