+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Moved to Canada 10 months back - first hand experience so far

alokt19

Sep 21, 2017
Hello all,

I moved to Canada in Dec 2016. I had around 19 yrs of experience in software industry before I finally took the decision to move permanently. My journey so far has been exciting and it was a great learning as well.

I have taken slightly different path though by not moving to Toronto or Vancouver and rather moved to Alberta province. Today I feel I have not taken wrong decision by doing so. The economy seems picking up especially in Alberta. Last quarter, its economy grew by more than 4% which was the fastest growth in last 15 yrs.

Overall in Canada I see some excitement now a days. Be it the forecast about Canadian economy beating all other G7 countries in the coming years, Amazon's announcement about opening its second headquarter in Canada or Oil & Gas companies recovering from recession, I feel, in the coming years, there will be a lot more job opportunities in the software field.

To help everyone, I have started putting down my experiences in the form of short blogs on my website www.infolaa.com. I'll keep on adding many more such blogs in the coming weeks and will also answer all the questions using the comments section. Feel free to leave comments / questions / suggestions that you might have and I'll answer as soon as possible.

Thanks
Alok

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I was in the province early in the month and I must say retail was doing great compare to 2016 --- full of shoppers in shopping malls and difficult to find parking!

thisworks

Star Member
Apr 17, 2017
Boston, US
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
NOC Code......
Doc's Request.
02-10-2017
AOR Received.
14-09-2017
Med's Done....
10-08-2017
Passport Req..
12-10-2017
VISA ISSUED...
18-10-2017
@alokt19 I really enjoyed reading your blog. Good luck!

ldrbjp

Oct 11, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Well narrated. Glad you finally are on the right track. Would you mind revealing the employer who hired you? Just trying to see if I'd be as lucky when I'm there :)

alokt19

Sep 21, 2017
@alokt19 ....Very well written....If you help me by sharing how is the software development market in Calgary n Edmonton...
Definitely I can but I would request you to please ask questions on my blog page using comments section so that I have all the information consolidated at one place and then it can benefit all

Reactions: MapleRed

alokt19

Sep 21, 2017
Well narrated. Glad you finally are on the right track. Would you mind revealing the employer who hired you? Just trying to see if I'd be as lucky when I'm there :)
I may not be able to mention employer's name but I can provide enough info that will definitely help you. But I would request you to please ask questions on my blog page using comments section so that I have all the information consolidated at one place and then it can benefit all