+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Moved from calgary to Mississauga, On

kenzhang

Dec 30, 2012
Just recently got a job in Mississauga, ON. have to move from calgary to mississauga. I heard that because there are more immigrants in Mississauga. so the processing speed is a lot of slower. I am wondering if I switch my driver licese from alberta to ON. will it affect my application.

bendjoe

Aug 23, 2008
kenzhang said:
Just recently got a job in Mississauga, ON. have to move from calgary to mississauga. I heard that because there are more immigrants in Mississauga. so the processing speed is a lot of slower. I am wondering if I switch my driver licese from alberta to ON. will it affect my application.
Processing in Mississauga is usually faster than Calgary. What is the connection between your license and Citizenship application? If you are going to be in ON for long then you should get an Ontario license. If its is a short term stay then better hold on to your AB license. Insurance might be higher in Mississauga compared to Calgary.

Msafiri

Champion Member
Nov 18, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
kenzhang said:
1. You need to change your DL from AB to ON if you will be taking up residence which it appears you are - if you don't good luck if you get busted say for speeding on the QEW and have to explain your AB DL.

2. You have to notify CIC of the change of residential address even if your mailing address remains as AB - if you don't and get called for your test in Calgary then it may raise suspicion when your work situation comes up and you say you actually live in ON. With the current RQ environment you don't want CIC 'thinking' you are holding back info on them. There was a Federal Court case where a citizenship applicant who lived in Montreal was advised by a consultant to list his home address (which incidentally was used by over 100 applicants) in the faster processing Mississauga...even though he had 1095 physical days the application was rejected for misrepresentation - admittedly it was his 2nd or 3rd citizenship application with 'residence' issues.

3. Your file will be transferred to ON if its in AB but you only recently applied so its still in Sidney...a straightforward application should be processed faster in ON than AB - CIC have a more resource per applicant ratio in ON.

kenzhang

Dec 30, 2012
I bought a condo in calgary, alberta. That will be my permanent address in canada. I just take this job in Mississauga, ON. still in probation time. The Place I live is the temporary employee dormitary provided by my company. If I change my address into Mississauga, ON. I may have to change it back to my old address. I did not change my address at this moment. just use the mail forwarding service by canada post. Gee I really don't want to move to ontario. I give call center a call. They told me that it is up to me if I want to transfer the case to Ontario or not. really don't know what to do.