+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Move to Canada

venkatesham

Jan 3, 2016
Hyderabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello Everyone,

I have to desperately move to Canada because my GF is doing her MS(should be completed by Dec 2016) there so we are planning to settle down there.

I am an IT professional having 5+ years of experience(SAP SD,SAP IS-Oil, Manual testing). I wanted to understand what are the best ways to move to Canada and work there.

Also, Spouse without having applied for PR would be eligible to work in Canada if partner has the PR ?

Thanks a lot for your Suggestions.

rajibsam

Jul 29, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
venkatesham said:
Hello Everyone,

I have to desperately move to Canada because my GF is doing her MS(should be completed by Dec 2016) there so we are planning to settle down there.

I am an IT professional having 5+ years of experience(SAP SD,SAP IS-Oil, Manual testing). I wanted to understand what are the best ways to move to Canada and work there.

Also, Spouse without having applied for PR would be eligible to work in Canada if partner has the PR ?

Thanks a lot for your Suggestions.
Spouse can get open work permit based on student visa.

venkatesham

Jan 3, 2016
Hyderabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thanks a lot! it seems there is still a hope to move to Canada. I am not yet married to her but are planning to get married sooner so there would be any obligations if we apply for Open work permit soon after marriage ?

venkatesham

Jan 3, 2016
Hyderabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Also, is there any possibility to go on a visitor visa and search for the job there in Canada and get the work visa ?

cyt0plas

Star Member
Mar 21, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
venkatesham said:
Also, is there any possibility to go on a visitor visa and search for the job there in Canada and get the work visa ?
Realistically, you won't be able to get a work permit as a visitor. It's possible, but most people fail at it.

If your spouse or common-law partner is a student, you can likely get an Open (any employer) Work Permit. Getting a job with one of those is fairly easy.