+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Move to Canada with Canadian child

Mother2017

May 1, 2017
Hello group,

My baby is a Canadian citizen, and we both live outside of Canada. I divorced her father before immigrating.
I´d like to raise my daughter there for Canada´s great education system. I was wondering if H&C ground can be applicable in our case. Does anyone have seen or experienced a similar situation?
Thank you

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Unfortunately, that's not a very compelling reason for an approval.

Have you determined if you are eligible to come to Canada under one of the other programs?

Good luck!

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Mother2017 said:
Do you know if there´s a way I can request information to CIC?
Detailed information about Canada's immigration programs can be found on the CIC web site: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/apply.asp

CIC won't provide you with advice or help you to apply to immigrate. If you would like this kind of advice / assistance, you would have to hire an immigration lawyer or consultant.

As explained above, having a Canadian citizen child gives you no advantages in applying.

Rob_TO

VIP Member
Nov 7, 2012
Toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Seoul, Korea
App. Filed.......
13-07-2012
AOR Received.
18-08-2012
File Transfer...
21-08-2012
Med's Done....
Sent with App
Passport Req..
N/R - Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
30-10-2012
LANDED..........
16-11-2012
Mother2017 said:
Do you know if there´s a way I can request information to CIC?
What kind of information? If you want specifics on if you qualify for any immigration program, unfortunately contacting CIC will be useless as the call centre agents don't know that much. All they can do is tell you what's already on the website. If you need more info on if your specific education/work experience qualifies you and how to apply, you would need to hire an immigration lawyer/consultant, or even ask your questions here.

And agreed with above, H&C reasons do not exist in your case. Simply having a Canadian child gives no rights at all to live or get PR here. H&C would be reserved for special cases where the child or yourself were in actual danger if you stayed in your home country.

Mother2017

May 1, 2017
Hi group,

Thanks for your replies.
We are in a very high criminal rate country. To have an idea, kids get killed inside of school or for a stupid tennis shoe.
I was raised under this psycho stress. I hate to think my daughter has a better chance than I had, but her father totally destroyed it at the moment he abandoned us here without any notification. That´s why I´m wondering if H&C ground applies to the best interest of my child, but it seems that will only work if I apply inside of Canada.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Mother2017 said:
Hi group,

Thanks for your replies.
We are in a very high criminal rate country. To have an idea, kids get killed inside of school or for a stupid tennis shoe.
I was raised under this psycho stress. I hate to think my daughter has a better chance than I had, but her father totally destroyed it at the moment he abandoned us here without any notification. That´s why I´m wondering if H&C ground applies to the best interest of my child, but it seems that will only work if I apply inside of Canada.
Yes - to apply for H&C, you need to be physically in Canada. You cannot apply from outside of Canada.

Rob_TO

VIP Member
Nov 7, 2012
Toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Seoul, Korea
App. Filed.......
13-07-2012
AOR Received.
18-08-2012
File Transfer...
21-08-2012
Med's Done....
Sent with App
Passport Req..
N/R - Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
30-10-2012
LANDED..........
16-11-2012
Mother2017 said:
Hi group,

Thanks for your replies.
Here is the guide for H&C applications. http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/guides/5291ETOC.asp
As mentioned they need to be submitted from within Canada, and the whole point of the H&C process is that you're unable to return to your home country. So you need to stay in Canada while it's being processed.

Also H&C apps can take a very long time (couple of years) with a low approval rate, and I'm pretty sure there is no access to a work permit or healthcare since you would just be a visitor while the H&C app is processing (though i'm not entirely sure on all H&C process details). If this is the case, then note your child may also not have access to healthcare (even though they are Canadian citizen) since they would also be seen as a visitor under you and not meeting healthcare residency qualifying criteria.

Mother2017

May 1, 2017
Wow! Surprising for a country that claims to be multicultural.
I give up of going there.
Thank you for your help

Rob_TO

VIP Member
Nov 7, 2012
Toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Seoul, Korea
App. Filed.......
13-07-2012
AOR Received.
18-08-2012
File Transfer...
21-08-2012
Med's Done....
Sent with App
Passport Req..
N/R - Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
30-10-2012
LANDED..........
16-11-2012
Mother2017 said:
Wow! Surprising for a country that claims to be multicultural.
I give up of going there.
Thank you for your help
Nothing to do with being multicultural. Canada is the most multicultural country on the planet.

It has everything to do with people of any culture not qualified to apply for PR, trying to live in Canada permanently. Imagine if they let anyone with a Canadian child get PR, how many people would flock to Canada just to give birth here.

Mother2017

May 1, 2017
Yes, I understand, but I´ve seen the other way around as well.
Anyways, that´s not my case. I speak three languages, I have three diplomas, plus MBA, 8 years of experience in global companies, I´ve traveled to many countries and I lived and studied in the USA. Canada was never in my plans until I had my daughter.
I don´t want to spend money and energy into that. Paying 1000 dollars in one process is different than paying 10000 dollars in any other. I´ll let my daughter decide if she wants to go to Canada one day.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Mother2017 said:
Yes, I understand, but I´ve seen the other way around as well.
Anyways, that´s not my case. I speak three languages, I have three diplomas, plus MBA, 8 years of experience in global companies, I´ve traveled to many countries and I lived and studied in the USA. Canada was never in my plans until I had my daughter.
I don´t want to spend money and energy into that. Paying 1000 dollars in one process is different than paying 10000 dollars in any other. I´ll let my daughter decide if she wants to go to Canada one day.
If that's the case then you should apply under Express Entry. If you have at least 400 points then chances are decent you'll be selected.